+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application delayed over the normal processing time

nthuynh

Mar 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
I submitted an online application for study permit more than 2 weeks ago (bio-metric done and fees paid). Now it is over the normal processing time in Paris but my application has not been handled yet. (I don't mention about the result)

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

My big problem is that I only sent the photo of my passport's FIRST page. I didn't know that they required all pages with stamps, visas or markings. Now it is too late to add any page.
I am afraid that this lack may cause the delay in the processing time. I cannot even start a new application. I wish CIC rejected immediately my current application so that I can start a new one asap (for Jan intake); or, on a bright side, they asked for additional documents.
I can not contact CIC :(

Do you have any idea about what I can do? Many thanks for your advice(s)

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
You still have a while to go bud. The discrepancy regarding the passport would certainly disrupt the analysis of your application. I'm pretty sure they'd either ask you to submit a better scan or just refuse your application. You can then apply for a new one. If things well with this applicatin, You still have medicals and then verification which would easily take an other 5 days. Rather than posting here, Call up cic and ask them for a consult.

nthuynh

Mar 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Varunnarayan
Thank you for your advice. I have already got the upfront medical examination. I can't join CIC by phone but fortunately they have just replied to my e-mail (via "case specific enquiry form", after about 7 days), they said that my application was in the queue, waiting for being handled by an officer :eek:
I think they should update the processing time for Study permit in France (2 weeks). In another French forum, many student got the same delay: wait 3-4 weeks just for the case begins to be processed, then some more weeks to the result :-X

Dear Jum
Many thanks for the precious clue. I will try that form. I simply thought it was only for enquiry and comment. I am so silly ;D

Mar 4, 2017
Hello
I have completed my M.Tech. in 2015 with 80% marks. I am planning to do GBM from Humber College. Should I go for this?

neelpatel19071994

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi- Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
19/09/2015
Med's Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
19/10/2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2017
LANDED..........
Soon ( 11th in Apr'17)
Jasmeet Kaur P said:
Hello
I have completed my M.Tech. in 2015 with 80% marks. I am planning to do GBM from Humber College. Should I go for this?
You have completed Masters here
and opting PG there
I think thats not logical progression and field is also changing
You have to make a too strong sop dear for reducing refusal chances