+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit and work

rogerrandhawa

Aug 19, 2016
In Canada with valid study permit. Currently on one semester break. Can I work full time (40 hrs per week) while on break? Will be returning to full time studies after break

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
What does it say on your work permit? "This work permit authorizes the holder to work off-campus up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks" does this say this? if YES ,then you cannot .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rogerrandhawa said:
In Canada with valid study permit. Currently on one semester break. Can I work full time (40 hrs per week) while on break? Will be returning to full time studies after break
From your varied post history, it looks like you are some sort of consultant trying to answer client questions using this forum. You should maybe consider a different line of work.

No, a person can't choose to take time off from school and work full-time. A student can only work full-time during the regular scheduled breaks of the program. Also note that by taking several months off and not actively pursuing studies, they are violating the terms of their study permit and IRCC can revoke the permit if they find out.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
canuck_in_uk said:
From your varied post history, it looks like you are some sort of consultant trying to answer client questions using this forum. You should maybe consider a different line of work.
I agree,just looked at his posts.