+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit and visitor visa

financy

Mar 12, 2017
Hi everyone! :)

I am soon going to be applying for a study permit in Canada and I currently hold a ten-year multiple entry visitor visa. Will I still have to send my passport in to get a different category visa stamped in it? As far as I know the actual study permit is obtained at the border and visa is only given to actually enter Canada.
And additionally, does anyone know whether having 2 Canadian visas in the past (study + visitor) will help to get a study permit? I'm finishing my Bachelor's degree and got admitted into a Master program.

Thanks in advance for your help! ;)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

financy said:
Hi everyone! :)

I am soon going to be applying for a study permit in Canada and I currently hold a ten-year multiple entry visitor visa. Will I still have to send my passport in to get a different category visa stamped in it? As far as I know the actual study permit is obtained at the border and visa is only given to actually enter Canada.
And additionally, does anyone know whether having 2 Canadian visas in the past (study + visitor) will help to get a study permit? I'm finishing my Bachelor's degree and got admitted into a Master program.

Thanks in advance for your help! ;)

You will have to apply for study permit at your homeland and your TRV, which is included in study permit application, will be under student category.

AMYLEE

Mar 9, 2017
I submitted my study permit application online in Jan 25,2017. Still now, I don't receive any information. I study Visa will expire in this month.

Please give advise.

Thanks

shammi@KUMAR

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
you have to apply from your home country and if your visa approved then they will give you letter of introduction which you have to show at canada airport and then you got the study permit