07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Hey All,

I understand that the Study Permit and TRV are completely different things. I have a couple questions regarding them.

I am an International student currently in the US (f1 visa) and I also hold a valid multiple entry visitor visa to Canada.

I have recently applied for a study permit and I'm waiting for a decision. If they approve it, will they request for my passport and stamp a new visa under S1 category as my TRV?? or would they just ask me to go to the border with my visitor visa to get my study permit stamped?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
arrayofhope said:
Hey All,

I understand that the Study Permit and TRV are completely different things. I have a couple questions regarding them.

I am an International student currently in the US (f1 visa) and I also hold a valid multiple entry visitor visa to Canada.

I have recently applied for a study permit and I'm waiting for a decision. If they approve it, will they request for my passport and stamp a new visa under S1 category as my TRV?? or would they just ask me to go to the border with my visitor visa to get my study permit stamped?
If you are from a country that requires entry visa, then as soon as your study permit is approved, they will ask for your passport to issue you TRV-student category.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Lashen said:
If you are from a country that requires entry visa, then as soon as your study permit is approved, they will ask for your passport to issue you TRV-student category.
Yes my country requires an entry visa, but I currently have a visa that I can use to enter(valid for at least 6 more years).

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
arrayofhope said:
Yes my country requires an entry visa, but I currently have a visa that I can use to enter(valid for at least 6 more years).
Even if the visa officer just issue your study permit, you should still apply to change your status on your entry visa as you can have problems when flying from some countries.

SAKIHONORE

Mar 4, 2017
Re: Study Permit

Please, I need some help because at soon, I will ask for my study permit from dakar visa board

to justify my proof of finance my research director gave me a letter contained this:
1- I will receive from the laboratory 1,500 dollar from each scientific publication
2- I receive 300 dollar for my home fees
3- I will work like teacher assistant one time a year and I will receive 1,200 dollard per month as salary
4-in the case of the reception of the exemption scholarship of the UQAC, the laboratory will refund me the sum of 1800 dollard scholarship corresponding to the difference between the raised expenses and the exemption scholarship

personnaly, my father will forward me 1,300 dollard per month for my other expenses

please can you think that this proof is so good to get a study permit or is it possible to raise the proof

cordially, for your feedback

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Re: Study Permit

SAKIHONORE said:
Please, I need some help because at soon, I will ask for my study permit from dakar visa board

to justify my proof of finance my research director gave me a letter contained this:
1- I will receive from the laboratory 1,500 dollar from each scientific publication
2- I receive 300 dollar for my home fees
3- I will work like teacher assistant one time a year and I will receive 1,200 dollard per month as salary
4-in the case of the reception of the exemption scholarship of the UQAC, the laboratory will refund me the sum of 1800 dollard scholarship corresponding to the difference between the raised expenses and the exemption scholarship

personnaly, my father will forward me 1,300 dollard per month for my other expenses

please can you think that this proof is so good to get a study permit or is it possible to raise the proof

cordially, for your feedback
If you received an official letter from the research director, you are in good shape. But

1) You only receive 1500$ from publications. Have you already published or will you be publishing after you start school?? How many papers can you actually publish during your study period??
This income, I assume is not steady
2) 300$ for housing is a good start.
3) When do you start working as a TA??
4) If you receive this scholarship, then great. But how much is the actual cost of your studies?? 1800 could be half or it could be only 5% of your total tuition.

Unless you mention the exact amount of tuition you need to pay, it is very hard for anyone to say if what you are receiving is sufficient.

How much can your father show in bank statements right now?? It doesn't matter if he pay you 300$ or 1300$ every month. They want to see that you can show at least 13000$ for expenses in Quebec + tuition(whatever this amount maybe for UQAC).

To be safe you will want to show multiples of the minimum funds if you can.

Also have funds in your name. If your father is willing to support, transfer some of those funds to your bank accounts.

They will also look into the program and see if it is a good fit, based on your background. So really hard to say.

The study permits these days are so unpredictable since visa officers are deciding if a program is a good fit for a student or not.

SAKIHONORE

Mar 4, 2017
Please in case I want to take a guarantor to justify my financial proofs for a study permit, is this possible and what is the procedure to follow?
cordially

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
SAKIHONORE said:
Please in case I want to take a guarantor to justify my financial proofs for a study permit, is this possible and what is the procedure to follow?
cordially
Official letter or statement from your bank. If its someone else's account, also get a letter stating their willingness to help.