+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit and EE application

isarkar87

May 7, 2019
Hi

My spouse have applied for SP on 17-May-19 and we have a ITA (myself being the PA) received on 03-Apr-19. He has an admit from UBC for Fall 19. By the time our PR is processed his classes will start.Could you please clarify the below doubts-
1. Will it be safe to submit our documents for PR while our SP is under process?
2. Though he has already submitted his SP application, there was a question which stated that-' have you applied to stay in Canada before'? He has answered it as 'NO'.Has he given a wrong answer?
3. Was the ITA thing needed to be mentioned in his SOP?

Need your help so that if needed we can hold the PR process and decline the ITA till his SP is approved.

Thanks & Regards
Ishita

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hi

My spouse have applied for SP on 17-May-19 and we have a ITA (myself being the PA) received on 03-Apr-19. He has an admit from UBC for Fall 19. By the time our PR is processed his classes will start.Could you please clarify the below doubts-
1. Will it be safe to submit our documents for PR while our SP is under process?
2. Though he has already submitted his SP application, there was a question which stated that-' have you applied to stay in Canada before'? He has answered it as 'NO'.Has he given a wrong answer?
3. Was the ITA thing needed to be mentioned in his SOP?

Need your help so that if needed we can hold the PR process and decline the ITA till his SP is approved.

Thanks & Regards
Ishita
Hi Ishita,

Maybe other more senior members can weight in here, but as I see it, you got the ITA, so your spouse is not the PA. Your spouse's SP is a non-immigrant status, so I would pressume that answering NO to applying to stay in Canada is actually accurate. SP do not allow you to "stay" in Canada.
Since you dont have total certainty your PR will be approved in time for the UBC start of Fall term, I would think an IRCC agent could understand the logic behind your decision, and more importantly, you, the PA, don't have two concurrent applications with IRCC (just your April ITA).
If you want to be thorough, I would add a LOE to your case, explaining that one of your dependants has a SP application to ensure there is no disruption of the academic commitments. Alternatively, you could cancel the SP application and ask for a delayed enrolment at UBC in case the PR takes longer, if you want to eliminate any potential issues with your application, but I feel this could be a bit overkill. I know it's stressful to try and predict what's better, and often we overthink every little decision, so go with what makes you feel more at ease. As a person that had a very, very rocky path to PR, I can certainly understand the concern.

isarkar87

May 7, 2019
Hi Ishita,

Maybe other more senior members can weight in here, but as I see it, you got the ITA, so your spouse is not the PA. Your spouse's SP is a non-immigrant status, so I would pressume that answering NO to applying to stay in Canada is actually accurate. SP do not allow you to "stay" in Canada.
Since you dont have total certainty your PR will be approved in time for the UBC start of Fall term, I would think an IRCC agent could understand the logic behind your decision, and more importantly, you, the PA, don't have two concurrent applications with IRCC (just your April ITA).
If you want to be thorough, I would add a LOE to your case, explaining that one of your dependants has a SP application to ensure there is no disruption of the academic commitments. Alternatively, you could cancel the SP application and ask for a delayed enrolment at UBC in case the PR takes longer, if you want to eliminate any potential issues with your application, but I feel this could be a bit overkill. I know it's stressful to try and predict what's better, and often we overthink every little decision, so go with what makes you feel more at ease. As a person that had a very, very rocky path to PR, I can certainly understand the concern.

Thank you for the detailed explanation...I have decided to proceed with my ITA dated on 03-Apr-19..Could you please tell me where should I share my LOE as my profile is represented by a consultant? Hope I get the PR and the SP for my spouse..Would definitely keep you posted..Thanks again...