+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit after approved PR

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
johnny123123123 said:
@ hellolondon but you told me, if they refuse restoring my PR, then the chance for getting the study permit is diminished greatly :(.

Don't you think this is risky?
If you apply for restoration, then that problem will arise.

Pl note that you are not asking to restore your PR. You have only applied for a student visa and just submitting the forms they have asked for. May be they have your PR relinquished and grant SP or whatever. Just wait for your passport and see.

callme2shy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
LANDED..........
already several times in dreams
hellolondon said:
just want to know what happened? Can you please provide an update?
Yes an update would be nice :)

johnny123123123

Apr 9, 2014
Hi guys, sorry for not updating you earlier.

Yes they relinquished my PR and I got the visa in 5 days. Someone I know happens to be a visa officer and he said that relinquishing the PR is a standard procedure and can only strengthen your case of getting the visa. Whether it shows immigration intent or not it is not of the visa officer's concern.

In fact, he said, the only reason they would reject a study permit is when the applicant seems suspicious, in that someone who doesn't seem to care much about his or her academic performance. So if you have a strong academic profile and you are going to a reputed university, I can almost guarantee you will get the visa.

Thanks.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
if you already had PR, then why couldn't you enter the country without student visa.