+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study in canada with a pending case in India

Hars0072806

Jan 28, 2020
My father and his elder brother had some property dispute and he charged a false FIR against me and my family. 2.5 years have been elapsed but we just go to court and came back after presenting in front of judge and nothing more is happening regarding this case. I was 19 years old at the time of this case and now I wanted to go to Canada for studying.
So, am i eligible to go for my studies and can i also live and work there and apply for my PR in future. Also, i want to know that is it mandatory for me to attend every court hearing abd go back to India on all hearings.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your second question deals more with the law in India and you need an Indian lawyer to advise you.

Your first question - if it is a criminal proceeding, you will need to disclose it in your study permit application. That will be considered when the visa officer reviews your file.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
My father and his elder brother had some property dispute and he charged a false FIR against me and my family. 2.5 years have been elapsed but we just go to court and came back after presenting in front of judge and nothing more is happening regarding this case. I was 19 years old at the time of this case and now I wanted to go to Canada for studying.
So, am i eligible to go for my studies and can i also live and work there and apply for my PR in future. Also, i want to know that is it mandatory for me to attend every court hearing abd go back to India on all hearings.
I will suggest talking to your family lawyer handling the case first. If it's a family private matter, you should be fine.

Hars0072806

Jan 28, 2020
Your second question deals more with the law in India and you need an Indian lawyer to advise you.

Your first question - if it is a criminal proceeding, you will need to disclose it in your study permit application. That will be considered when the visa officer reviews your file.
Thank you for answering me. But if im granted study visa after telling them about my case then can i work and apply for pr in future in Canada.