+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students from India applying for September 2013 intake please post here.

kaushik_ppx

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
02-08-2012
Hey Guys,

I have applied to Uni of Manitoba , uni of regina and Univ of Sask for Master's in Mechanical Engineering

My profile
10th -79%
12th - 61%
B.E Mechanical - 66%
IELTS - 7.5

Can anyone tell me what are my chances in getting admission????

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
kaushik_ppx said:
Hey Guys,

I have applied to Uni of Manitoba , uni of regina and Univ of Sask for Master's in Mechanical Engineering

My profile
10th -79%
12th - 61%
B.E Mechanical - 66%
IELTS - 7.5

Can anyone tell me what are my chances in getting admission????

I have also applied at sask and manitoba. Manitoba requires professors approval even for m.eng so chances are bleak. I am too waiting for response from 3 months. What is your individual band score ??

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
moneywater said:
you will get 1 year work permit as 8 months course is considered as 1 year full time course.
Don't be too sure about it...my girlfriend got a 8 month work permit on a one year program..it all depends on what letter you get from college..in her case it said it is equivalent to one academic year but actual study was 8 months and hence her 8 month work permit..it also depends on your luck...I know people who even got 3 year work permits with one year programs..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
prathapg86 said:
Could sum 1 clarify n guide me to??

I need sum info on the college application process and also travel abroad after applying Visa...

I have applied for a advance diploma in Business management in Humber for May intake. I haven't yet heard back from the college on their decision. It is due some time next week.Im currently working for an IT company in India. As due to work need, the company is sending me to Qatar for a period of 3-4 months starting March.

So, As now I have applied for the May intake, Incase if the college gives an acceptance letter... Can I move that to the Sep Intake?

And If at all the college moves the offer to Sep Intake, I will be back only by July. SO will the time be enough for me to apply for the Visa?

Or Once if I get the acceptance from the college. Can I apply for the visa and travel abroad from the home country ? I know that we should submit the passport for the visa process. Just wanted to check is it possible to apply for the Visa and travel and once when Im back I can get it stamped?

Appreciate your valuable inputs seniors. Im just a newbie and not going through any consultancy.So Need guidance on this guys...

Thanks,
Prathap
If you are going to stay for a long period in Qatar, I guess you can try applying for Qatar itself..

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
dbss said:
Don't be too sure about it...my girlfriend got a 8 month work permit on a one year program..it all depends on what letter you get from college..in her case it said it is equivalent to one academic year but actual study was 8 months and hence her 8 month work permit..it also depends on your luck...I know people who even got 3 year work permits with one year programs..
yeah its tru. It depends on luck. my friend studiedproject management of 8 months and got 3yr work permit

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
dbss said:
If you are going to stay for a long period in Qatar, I guess you can try applying for Qatar itself..
No. Don't apply from qatar. You should apply from home country only , to show home ties and property.

JenyAp

Jan 7, 2013
@prathap : :)

So do you think I can travel abroad from my home country after applying for the visa?? I was told that we should submit the passport while applying for the Visa... Correct me if Im wrong.- As far as i know till today we need to submit passport so how can you travel to qatar without passport! :eek:

If I can travel.. May be I can apply for the Visa and travel.. So once Im back to home country I can take Medicals r other stuff??

- Pehli baat ke jab taak mujhe pata hai, you have to submit passport fr visa,thus if yr passport is in embassy hw can u go to qatar!
-I think u have an opportunity cost here you might have to leave qatar opportunity fr visa thingy,aur if u want both then as we spoke earlier that ask yr college abt wen u can get in if deferred so u can plan accordingly...

Hope it helps...

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi,

Got admitted in UNB for masters. Minimum courses to be completed are 10 i.e 30credit hours

I have query : Letter of acceptance states that typical time to complete masters is 12-24months and maximum of 48months.

So my PGWP will be of how much time after completion ?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
mayank_6 said:
@ Ms.Mech

Which program you got admission for ?
Mechanical

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly thanks a replying to my post... :) Appreciate that...

@dbss As Ms.Mech says I dont think I can apply from Qatar. As Im going on a temp Visa..

@JenyAp.. Yes, I agree and I knew that we need to submit the passport , So I wont be able to travel. :D My intend was that is there any loop hole in the policy where I can apply for the Visa and get the passport back.. So I can travel outside , come back and Gods grace if I get the Visa, Send the passport to the Em and get it stamped... (Thats the exact information Im looking for)

And also the Qatar option was given to me as a bonus round... :D Just mainly on financial motivation... :D

However I guess I should re-think my decision to the middle east... And I actually have another question, will the middle east stamping be a prob for the Visa, Because one of my frnd had a Kuwait stamping so his US visa was rejected due to that...

Thanks,
Prathap

S

sallamdas

@mayak_6
hi,
Me too working as software engineer in Infosys and this course will definitely be different from your current job profile.
And in terms of Jobs prospects after doing this course i would say are good since canada has many of the leading internet service providers
however,if needed one has to migrate to alberta or Saskatchewan for better job opportunities.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
prathapg86 said:
However I guess I should re-think my decision to the middle east... And I actually have another question, will the middle east stamping be a prob for the Visa, Because one of my frnd had a Kuwait stamping so his US visa was rejected due to that...

Thanks,
Prathap
Don't worry. If you travel anywhere in world and follow rules and come back on time, its good thing. Rather its good thing to have good travel history.
You don't need to worry about that.I am from punjab. I have been to qatar myself for month. It's awesome place to live and work. No tensions and tax free salary. Everything is awesome there.

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ms.Mech... Yes.. If we come back at time and valid reasons are fine... But I ve been to Kabul too for a week. Thats again worries me.... Lets see...

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
prathapg86 said:
Ms.Mech... Yes.. If we come back at time and valid reasons are fine... But I ve been to Kabul too for a week. Thats again worries me.... Lets see...
That doesn't matter. You should come back to home country before expiry of visa. That's what matters.

Best Of Luck