+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students Applied from India For Fall 2011

arnamoy10

Jul 1, 2011
I already applied for my VISA for UofAlberta on 23/06/11 from Kolkata. But I didn't write the name and DOB on the back of my photographs. Also the photos were not according to the dimensions given in the photo specification (as I didn't notice the photo specification earlier). :( Now my passport status changed to "Passport Dispatched". :eek: I guess they have returned the documents back as I have to send my photographs again. I will know what is the case when I go and collect my passport on Monday.

vijayreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2011
arnamoy10 said:
I already applied for my VISA for UofAlberta on 23/06/11 from Kolkata. But I didn't write the name and DOB on the back of my photographs. Also the photos were not according to the dimensions given in the photo specification (as I didn't notice the photo specification earlier). :( Now my passport status changed to "Passport Dispatched". :eek: I guess they have returned the documents back as I have to send my photographs again. I will know what is the case when I go and collect my passport on Monday.
hey i have applied from andhrapradesh for fall at georgian am a doctor just dropped my visa file

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
arnamoy10 said:
@arnamoy: Ok now they are not so strict about writing your name & DOB but Photo dimensions ......yep they really stick to it.....Btw what was the dimension of your photograph....for canada visa it's usually 3.5*4.5........But sometimes if luck favours you they might ignore the photograph glitches....... ;D.....All the best bro.....

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
vijayreddy said:
hey i have applied from andhrapradesh for fall at georgian am a doctor just dropped my visa file
All the best bro.... :)...Update about Visa results when you get them....

eknathroyal

May 16, 2011
I have completed all process and ready to drop the visa, but consultancy people are delaying. i have submited all the documents to consultancy on 22nd till they didnt file the visa.

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
eknathroyal said:
I have completed all process and ready to drop the visa, but consultancy people are delaying. i have submited all the documents to consultancy on 22nd till they didnt file the visa.
Consultancies are like that bro.....you should be at their back always....ring them up and tell them that you need to file your visa at the earliest...... Hope they will file soon....Which college you got admitted to and what's your Field of study?

arnamoy10

Jul 1, 2011
DeRock said:
@ arnamoy: Ok now they are not so strict about writing your name & DOB but Photo dimensions ......yep they really stick to it.....Btw what was the dimension of your photograph....for canada visa it's usually 3.5*4.5........But sometimes if luck favours you they might ignore the photograph glitches....... ;D.....All the best bro.....
Thanks DeRock. My Photo was 3.5:4.5 but my face wasn't covering 3.1 cm max as given in the specification. Its proportion was smaller, but not too small. Also they have mentioned not to smile. I had a little smile in my face though I had my mouth closed. Let's see what happens. BTW, which university you got into? :)

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
arnamoy10 said:
Thanks DeRock. My Photo was 3.5:4.5 but my face wasn't covering 3.1 cm max as given in the specification. Its proportion was smaller, but not too small. Also they have mentioned not to smile. I had a little smile in my face though I had my mouth closed. Let's see what happens. BTW, which university you got into? :)
I got admission in University of Western Ontario....What about You?

dkalyan

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had applied for Study permit 3months back in the month of april.Course of Study being "Project Management",Level of study-Graduate Certificate Program at Centennial College.
My VISA had been rejected and the reason mentioned was that the course of study is not related to my previous education.

I've completed my Bachelor's in Bioinformatics in June'10 with 62% and have an IELTS score of 7.5. And from the past two months i'm working as a Software Professional.

Last week i've taken the medical test and i'm planning to apply again for the study permit but the course of study now being "Biotechnology Technician",Level of study- Fast Track at the same Centennial College.

I need your help and guidance as to what precautions i should be taking and what are the chances for my visa approval this time as i cannot be applying through SPP(as d last time ive been rejected) and now ill have to drop my visa through Study permit-General category.

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
dkalyan said:
Hi,

I had applied for Study permit 3months back in the month of april.Course of Study being "Project Management",Level of study-Graduate Certificate Program at Centennial College.
My VISA had been rejected and the reason mentioned was that the course of study is not related to my previous education.

I've completed my Bachelor's in Bioinformatics in June'10 with 62% and have an IELTS score of 7.5. And from the past two months i'm working as a Software Professional.

Last week i've taken the medical test and i'm planning to apply again for the study permit but the course of study now being "Biotechnology Technician",Level of study- Fast Track at the same Centennial College.

I need your help and guidance as to what precautions i should be taking and what are the chances for my visa approval this time as i cannot be applying through SPP(as d last time ive been rejected) and now ill have to drop my visa through Study permit-General category.

Sorry to hear about your visa rejection.......Well I think this time around i think they cant cite "Study Mismatch"......It's perfectly alright......Now you have to prepare a strong SOP ....should mention what this course can do to you in regard to your carrier.....also should make it a point that you will return back home once you are done with your course and convince the VO that you have good job openings here for your canadian PG.....hope this time they will give you the visa....All the best

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeRock said:
Hi Guys,

People Who applied for Fall 2011 from India , Plz Share your Updates here...... :)
Applied to Seneca @ York for Fall 2011, got selected. Applied for visa, received it. Planning to fly by end of next month.

GS

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
GS_Stud said:
Applied to Seneca @ York for Fall 2011, got selected. Applied for visa, received it. Planning to fly by end of next month.

GS
Congrats bro........When is your college starting........Where are you from India?