+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa with common law partner. Need help please!

Anna13

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hey, I need your help please. I got accepted into college in Vancouver and would like to take my common law partner with me. The visa application is very confusing.
My questions.
1. Do we apply for him under a work permit right away as well or do I just mention him as my common law partner in my student application?
2. The declaration form of common law partner do we have to get that signed by a notary or is it enough if the two of us sign it.
3. Do you send rental agreements and other proof that we are together right away or do we send it when they ask us for it?
4. For the once who took their partners with them what documents did you all send with your application.

Thank you very much for your help.

Tasleem

Jul 10, 2013
Anna..I am sorry I cannot send personal msg as I dont have sufficient rights. ...I also have not got my visa yet I applied 24 june via vfs in Düsseldorf. I got an email from embassy 2 days back that they are doing background verification. And they dont know the time it will take for the background verification to finish. .so I am waiting

Sep 13, 2013
Hi anna, hopefully my post is still helpfull:

1. Do we apply for him under a work permit right away as well or do I just mention him as my common law partner in my student application?
we filled for student and work permit right away
2. The declaration form of common law partner do we have to get that signed by a notary or is it enough if the two of us sign it.
let it sing by a notary and sing yourself as well
3. Do you send rental agreements and other proof that we are together right away or do we send it when they ask us for it?
right away, but they HAVE to be translated by a sworn translator in eng. of fren.
4. For the once who took their partners with them what documents did you all send with your application.
fam. info. common law document. student permit. work permit. diploma's. proof of relationship (address history)