+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

student visa/ open work permit queries

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My wife would soon be applying for her student visa and I would like to apply for an open work permit along with her. Both of us are Indian nationals but currently reside in Japan, thus would be applying online.

I was filling out our forms but was confused about certain questions, hope someone would be nice enough to point us in the right direction:

1) I know the form explicitly states that we shouldn't be signing anywhere if we are submitting stuff online, but I wanted to reconfirm that I shouldn't be signing on IMM 5713E where it wants me, the dependent to sign the form acknowledging that my wife would be representing me?

2) It's the same with IMM5645E, where it asks us " if You have no children, read and sign below". If I leave that section blank, should the computer automatically put our signatures on the form?

3) As a dependent, I am asked to upload " Purpose of travel document". What document would that be? I am already uploading our marriage certificate under "submit marriage certificate" and a cover letter under "upload additional documents"

Thanks so much for reading,

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No signature required .
2. U just have to leave that blank
3. The documents ur submitting is sufficient.

Goodluck.

cheers

folatunde

Jun 6, 2014
Normally it is possible you applied for open work permit along with your wife but I will advice that you let your wife apply for her study permit first, after the approval of her study permit then you can apply for your open work permit. In my own case I applied for my study permit first and 6days after I got a letter requesting for the submission of my original passport. After I got my passport back with the visa then I applied for TRV for my wife they gave her one year multiple visa and after that I applied for open work permit and they approved it also. It usually good when you apply one after the other. The reason is that, if two of you apply at the same time they may reject two of you or grant one out of it. This because the office may believe that once two of you travel to Canada you may not come back, So if you apply one by one they may not really check that out because different officer will attend to your application when you submit it separately.

Apr 17, 2014
I m a international student.....arrived before 2 months for the may batch business management course for 2 yrs.....I have join the college...and I want to ask that according to the new rule will I be able to get sin number.....I did not hv the sin numbr ....the collge told me to ask cic....whether I will ger it or not??? If I will get it then from where????

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
service canada will issue u one.

take your passport and study permit when you go.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

propain said:
1. No signature required .
2. U just have to leave that blank
3. The documents ur submitting is sufficient.

Goodluck.

cheers

Incorrect. Hand signature required on IMM 5645E & IMM 5713E. Get print-out and then upload the same.