+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Instruction

kaikwon

Jun 13, 2012
I'd really appreciate it if someone is kind enough to list all the steps for getting a student visa to Canada in a proper order.

Do I need to contact the school first and be admitted bofore applying for the visa? as such.....

Please help

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
First of all, tell us what your nationality and country of residence are.

Second, you must have been admitted by a recognized Canadian institution in order to proceed any further. I'd advise you get admitted and then return to this thread to get more info.

Good luck!

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
kaikwon said:
I'd really appreciate it if someone is kind enough to list all the steps for getting a student visa to Canada in a proper order.

Do I need to contact the school first and be admitted bofore applying for the visa? as such.....

Please help
1. Get admission in a Canadian University and receive the LOA (letter of Acceptance)
2. Download the study permit application kit and fill the form in the light of Instruction guide.
3. Show financial strength via Bank Statement of the past 4 months. The amount should be greater than 1st year tuition fee + 13000 CAD.
4. Show your hometies using property documents, business, job, family etc.
5. Pay the correct visa processing fee and include the green receipt with your application file.
6. If you are a citizen of the country who are allowed to take upfront medical exam then take the medical examination from the designated physician and wait for 1 week after the medical.
6. Courier your application package to Canadian High Commission and wait for their decision.

kaikwon

Jun 13, 2012
Inam89
just what i was looking for.
being accepted to school is the priority thing, i got it.
thank you very much

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Abidi9 said:
@ inam....point 6?????do we have to take medical test b4 applying?
Pakistani students can't take upfront medical exam. I wrote this point with an "If"