+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa.. how long does it take?

teachme27

Apr 26, 2007
Hello all! I just have 2 questions about a student visa. Does anyone know how long it takes to obtain one once you have been accepted into a school? For example if you get an acceptance letter for Spring 2008 and apply for a student visa in the summer of 2007 will you recieve you permit in time to start school in the Spring? Also does acceptance to a school guarantee you a study permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

teachme27 said:
Hello all! I just have 2 questions about a student visa. Does anyone know how long it takes to obtain one once you have been accepted into a school? For example if you get an acceptance letter for Spring 2008 and apply for a student visa in the summer of 2007 will you recieve you permit in time to start school in the Spring? Also does acceptance to a school guarantee you a study permit?
1. Check the office web site where you are applying, they all usually have the processing times
2. No, acceptance does not guarantee a study permit, you have to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself, that the course of study is logical or the availability of the course of study in your home country.

PMM

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Hello i am new here, i just applied for a student visa in Vienna from my country Serbia, i would like to ask is maybe anyone know how long does it usually take for respond from embassy? Thanks!

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
Hello i am new here, i just applied for a student visa in Vienna from my country Serbia, i would like to ask is maybe anyone know how long does it usually take for respond from embassy? Thanks!
That depends on country. Look at cic website to know the processing times.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
I know that nobody can tell me am i going to get a visa or not, only think i would like to ask is it more likely to get a student visa than other kind since i am bringing money into the country? Thanks.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
I know that nobody can tell me am i going to get a visa or not, only think i would like to ask is it more likely to get a student visa than other kind since i am bringing money into the country? Thanks.
Nobody can tell you whether you will get visa or not and its totally depends on vo.

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beogradjanin1 said:
share your profile in detail and people will help you determine your chances,but nobody can say for sure whether you will get your visa or not.

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Guys i am not sure do anyone understand me, if you read carefully what i was writing you will see that i said "I know that nobody can tell me will i get or not visa". To be honest i do not care that much about that, there is 200 more countries in the world and if my money stinking to Canada for someone else will smell very good, so only think that i would like from them is quickly answer, because i would like to have a time to apply somewhere else if i get refuse. My question actually was, is anyone know which visa is most likely to be approved if you send all necessary papers to them? For my opinion that could be a student visa because people are bringing money into the country and we all know that they are in love with money, so that was my question. Thanks guys.

Kashif995

Aug 3, 2012
India
Visa Office......
Delhi - Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
beogradjanin1 said:
Guys i am not sure do anyone understand me, if you read carefully what i was writing you will see that i said "I know that nobody can tell me will i get or not visa". To be honest i do not care that much about that, there is 200 more countries in the world and if my money stinking to Canada for someone else will smell very good, so only think that i would like from them is quickly answer, because i would like to have a time to apply somewhere else if i get refuse. My question actually was, is anyone know which visa is most likely to be approved if you send all necessary papers to them? For my opinion that could be a student visa because people are bringing money into the country and we all know that they are in love with money, so that was my question. Thanks guys.
If you want faster processing and doesn't care about other things, apply under SPP. Whatever decision the VO takes will be quick.