+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa from Dubai

Rabail0000

Sep 28, 2020
Hi All, can some one confirm me if SDS option is available from UAE?
If so can i plan out for Jan intake?
How long usually take for student visa from uae

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
No, you have to apply from your home country (India, etc.) I will also warn you that study permits are very commonly refused for people living in the UAE who aren't citizens there.

Reactions: usman_1986

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
No, you have to apply from your home country (India, etc.) I will also warn you that study permits are very commonly refused for people living in the UAE who aren't citizens there.
And for those who are applying from countries without permanent residence. It is better to come back to your home country and apply from there, plus it is easier to gather supporting documents about home times in person

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can apply non-SDS then. You are still unlikely to be accepted. The Abu Dhabi visa office exists mostly to refuse applications from foreign workers in the GCC.

Reactions: usman_1986

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
But i am working here how come i will go back and apply
My husband is going to sponser me
Go ahead and apply through the non-SDS route. It would take some time to hear a decision though. There is always a chance of an approval! (A strong SOP will definitely help!)

Good Luck!

btw I Applied 13th April from UAE, AIP received 08th September.

Rachel Khan

Sep 28, 2020
Go ahead and apply through the non-SDS route. It would take some time to hear a decision though. There is always a chance of an approval! (A strong SOP will definitely help!)

Good Luck!

btw I Applied 13th April from UAE, AIP received 08th September.
Hi, u applied via online? Are you under UAE residence visa or what i meant you are currently working in UAE?

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
Hi All, can some one confirm me if SDS option is available from UAE?
If so can i plan out for Jan intake?
How long usually take for student visa from uae
SDS option is not available in the UAE. If the country that you're a citizen of has the option for SDS you'd have to go back and apply. As far as how long you have to wait, I can't really answer that question as the pandemic has effected everyone's application including mine. I'm almost 2 months in since I submitted my application and the only response I have received is an AIP so far. Usually, it takes about a month or less to get a Study permit from UAE

Moonlight1120

Nov 9, 2020
Hi All. I recently moved from UAE to my home country to apply through SDS. Since I did not stay in my home country for more than 6 months in last year so I don't have to give medical as 6months is the requirement to be in Pakistan to give medical exam. Is it a good thing or bad? Am I still eligible for SDS?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi All. I recently moved from UAE to my home country to apply through SDS. Since I did not stay in my home country for more than 6 months in last year so I don't have to give medical as 6months is the requirement to be in Pakistan to give medical exam. Is it a good thing or bad? Am I still eligible for SDS?
Did you really move from the UAE to your home country just to apply through SDS?

Ras2012

Feb 26, 2021
SDS option is not available in the UAE. If the country that you're a citizen of has the option for SDS you'd have to go back and apply. As far as how long you have to wait, I can't really answer that question as the pandemic has effected everyone's application including mine. I'm almost 2 months in since I submitted my application and the only response I have received is an AIP so far. Usually, it takes about a month or less to get a Study permit from UAE
Did you get your study permit?