+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa for kids whose parent applied for PR for FSW in before feb 28, 2008

mehta_hd

May 17, 2014
I had applied for Canada Immigration ( FSW ) and my file was prepared in India on 5th May, 2006. Due to changes in law my application is probably terminated ( refund pending ). I had about 80 points that time ( BE Biomedical plus MBA ).
My son has applied for studies in Canada and has received an offer for studies. Will his visa be affected because of my application for immigration earlier?
I am from India. Thanks and Regards to all.

mehta_hd

May 17, 2014
Thanks Regina, but the terminations were due to no fault or short comings in me.... It was a government decision..... I know my response is on an emotional front..... I do understand and really thank you for your response.

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Not necessarily. If the person who applied for PR applies for a study visa, the chances are almost nil. But since you were the principal applicant and your son was just included in the application, he has not personally exhibited any interest in settling down in Canada and he can definitely try his luck by making a proper SOP and trying to convince the VO that his interest is just studying and coming back and be with his parents since he cannot stay away from them etc etc. Until the whole process is over, you please don't try to apply again for PR. Also he better mention about your PR application history in his SOP and explain.

Also be prepared for a call from New Delhi CHC regarding clarifications about the PR application and be ready with the answers. This is my personal experience.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have NOT been refused NOR granted status in Canada, I assume your son is on the safe side. So, relax.

BTW, SOP has nothing to do with this kind of information. It's all about Schedule 1, but you don't need to complete unless the VO urges you to do so.

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Diplomatru said:
BTW, SOP has nothing to do with this kind of information. It's all about Schedule 1, but you don't need to complete unless the VO urges you to do so.
True, SOP is not mandatory. But if the VO doesn't have time and patience, he/she might outright reject, since they have hundreds of applications to review everyday and cannot spend time on assuming and analyzing situations like this. So it definitely goes a long way in clarifying the questions the VO might get, by giving him/her a clear picture of your plans instead of leaving things for his/her assumption. It is better to ask ourselves what would be our concerns if we were the VO and start explaining things, leaving him/her not much to assume/probe into, because one of the major requirements to get a study visa is to satisfy him/her that you would leave the country once you are done with studies.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally share your point of view but it's also worth mentioning that overwhelming the VO with documents might slow the processing of the application when the information provided per se is clear enough for a decision to be made without further clarifying your situation in SOP.