+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa duration?

merwyn.xavier

Feb 6, 2011
Hi,

I got admission in Centennial College for a 12 month program, starting this September, I had few queries regarding the student visa:

- When is the right time to apply for a Student visa for September intake?

- What is the duration of the Student visa?

- If i apply for visa by June, will they consider 12 months from June 2011 to June 2012?

Thanks,
Merwyn

has33b

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Kkarachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-11
@ merwyn

- check ur local Canadian High Commission website for the timelines as every country has different response times for visa applications
- ur student visa will obviously be valid for the duration of ur studies
- the 12 months will start from the date ur studies commence

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
merwyn.xavier said:
Hi,

I got admission in Centennial College for a 12 month program, starting this September, I had few queries regarding the student visa:

- When is the right time to apply for a Student visa for September intake?

- What is the duration of the Student visa?

- If i apply for visa by June, will they consider 12 months from June 2011 to June 2012?

Thanks,
Merwyn
Apply for the visa NOW. As has33b said check your local Canadian embassy site for timelines and required documents but these days they are taking longer...So apply ASAP. Don't worry about duration of the visa. If your program is from Sep 2011 to Aug 2012 (1 year) and lets say you apply for the visa now and get it in July...ur visa will be valid from July 2011 to Aug 2012. Stop worrying about the length of the visa....just apply.