+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa - Cairo

jojo213

May 18, 2023
No I didn't get but I heard that this is a good sign of approval.
Could you tell us your timeline ?
Ok thanks for responding.
Timeline:
for my 1st application:
I applied October 5th 2022,
biometrics October 10th,
application rejected + BVL January 6th (processing time was 13 weeks back then).

2nd (current application):
applied April 15
eligibility review started + medical request May 14
medical passed May 23
now waiting :(
eligibility is completed on the tracker, background verification in process

Last edited:

jojo213

May 18, 2023
Unfortunate no, I hope to get it this week
Yeah hopefully you will get it soon, from what I saw online (unfortunately there is not that much info because the application tracker was only launched recently) everyone who gets their visa details on tracker gets ppr eventually, usually a week after bvl. Best wishes

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
Yeah hopefully you will get it soon, from what I saw online (unfortunately there is not that much info because the application tracker was only launched recently) everyone who gets their visa details on tracker gets ppr eventually, usually a week after bvl. Best wishes
Even if the expiry date is not available yet ?
Actually I got BVL 12 May, so it’s not just a week :)

jojo213

May 18, 2023
Even if the expiry date is not available yet ?
Actually I got BVL 12 May, so it’s not just a week :)
That's a bit strange that there is no expiry date. For me it shows a visa document number starting with E, study permit document number starting with F, my passport number and the expiry date for both is 4 years from now. Do you only have the document numbers, and expiry date is showing as not available yet? Its strange but I still think having the visa details showing is a very positive sign, and basically means you're 99% approved.
In most cases that I saw ppr was after bvl by around a week but that's not always necessarily the case, for some people it takes around a month. In your case the application progressed very quickly, so I think its normal that it will take a bit longer to get ppr since they probably haven't finished the background check stage yet (this is the longest stage in the study permit application because it involves verifying many application details and getting information about your background from 3rd parties abroad i.e. Egyptians). So I think as long as you haven't committed any crimes or forged documents, your application is 99% approved.

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
That's a bit strange that there is no expiry date. For me it shows a visa document number starting with E, study permit document number starting with F, my passport number and the expiry date for both is 4 years from now. Do you only have the document numbers, and expiry date is showing as not available yet? Its strange but I still think having the visa details showing is a very positive sign, and basically means you're 99% approved.
In most cases that I saw ppr was after bvl by around a week but that's not always necessarily the case, for some people it takes around a month. In your case the application progressed very quickly, so I think its normal that it will take a bit longer to get ppr since they probably haven't finished the background check stage yet (this is the longest stage in the study permit application because it involves verifying many application details and getting information about your background from 3rd parties abroad i.e. Egyptians). So I think as long as you haven't committed any crimes or forged documents, your application is 99% approved.
Yes there is no expiry date, it shows not available
I saw that in 2023 they sent bvl and take time to send ppr this is most common this year I don’t know why , also processing time decreased to 6 weeks instead of 7 so I hope I will get any response soon. Last tracker update was 15 May since then nothing happened

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
I just got my BVL and PPR yesterday out of the blue! I dropped my passport today at vfs and hopefully I get my passport in two weeks or less!
Good luck to the rest of you!

COR: Cairo
Citizenship: Egyptian

Timeline:
Applied - May 14
Biometrics - May 18
Biometrics updated on the tracker - May 19
BVL & PPR - May 29
Everything completed & visa info with expiry date on tracker - May 30

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
I just got my BVL and PPR yesterday out of the blue! I dropped my passport today at vfs and hopefully I get my passport in two weeks or less!
Good luck to the rest of you!

COR: Cairo
Citizenship: Egyptian

Timeline:
Applied - May 14
Biometrics - May 18
Biometrics updated on the tracker - May 19
BVL & PPR - May 29
Everything completed & visa info with expiry date on tracker - May 30
Wow congratulations, your application is so fast msha2alaah . I hope i get ppr soon inshaalah

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Your about to get a decision soon. They cant possibly have been done with eligibility review but not background check they just forgot to update it. Id say a couple of days and youd have a decision. Congrats
i've had my eligibility completed for almost 3 weeks now but the background check is in progress :/