+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa - Cairo

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
There is nothing to do to make it faster right?
Also I was wondering if I skipped the first term do I need to do something with my study permit ?
Nothing. But tbh your application was relatively even fast so you’re lucky. You applied in May right?

I wanna understand why you would skip the first term?

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
Yes in May,
My study starts in July and I need time to prepare myself for study and to rent a place also to leave my current job, so if I got PPR in June I don’t know if I can travel in this time

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Yes in May,
My study starts in July and I need time to prepare myself for study and to rent a place also to leave my current job, so if I got PPR in June I don’t know if I can travel in this time
Oh I understand so you’d want to defer your course then? You can’t skip a term. You’d have to talk to your uni/college and defer it to another date

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Okay but what will happen to study permit date ?
Nothing will happen to it. You do know that this study permit we are waiting for is just a visa to enter Canada? But when we get there that’s when we will actually receive the study permit which will be given for the duration of the course

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Don’t worry I won’t forget,
Can you tell me what’s your timeline?
Sure
Applied: 25th March 2023
BVL: 31st March 2023.

been silence ever since although tracker says biometric and eligibility is in completed but background check is still in progress.
(Tracker last update: 19th April)… (I don’t need medicals)

and what’s yours?

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
Sure
Applied: 25th March 2023
BVL: 31st March 2023.

been silence ever since although tracker says biometric and eligibility is in completed but background check is still in progress.
(Tracker last update: 19th April)… (I don’t need medicals)

and what’s yours?
Applied: 3 May
BVL: 12 May
Don't need medicals
Tracker Last update 15 May

Reactions: Latifa Annie

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
There is nothing to do to make it faster right?
Also I was wondering if I skipped the first term do I need to do something with my study permit ?
You can delay the beginning of your studies up to 150 days from the original start date. As long as it's the same institution you should be fine with one semester deferral.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-conditions.html#deferred