+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa - Cairo

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
Hello, I applied for student visa this month from cairo and I was wondering if anyone applied this year and got response. The processing time now is 7 weeks .
I applied 3 May
Biometrics 7 May
Eligibility review ( status changed) 12 May

Is it possible that they’ll response faster than 7 weeks?

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I’m from Alexandria. I applied on the 7th of last month online and submitted biometrics at the vfs office in dokki and still no updates. There was a strike on the 19th of April which had carried on for two weeks and there were no applications being reviewed at that time. We’re not likely to get a response before 7 weeks.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Honestly you should have taken into account that it could take up to 4 months and applied earlier. I was gonna apply in march but some paperwork took longer than other to get processed and I ended applying in april

Asmaamahmoud083

May 19, 2023
Honestly you should have taken into account that it could take up to 4 months and applied earlier. I was gonna apply in march but some paperwork took longer than other to get processed and I ended applying in april
I didn’t expect that it will take all this time, also when i got the message that they started to review eligibility I thought it would be faster

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I didn’t expect that it will take all this time, also when i got the message that they started to review eligibility I thought it would be faster
I ordered gcms notes so in case I didn’t get a response on time I’d know how far along is my application.

gcms notes are notes that contain more information about the application and they always come out within 30 days-even if the actual decision is not issued by then.

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Hi guys!
I applied on May the 14th, gave my biometrics at VFS Giza as well on May 18.
Nothing updated yet except biometrics completed (I know too soon, but I'm just tuning in since we're talking about Egypt applicants)

Also FYI the strike wasn't affecting international Visa Offices at all. Processing for VOs outside Canda was going on during the strike. Most Egyptian applicants are processed in VO Ankra as per what I read.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Vfs doesn’t process visas. It’s just a middle point for the IRCC to receive visa applications through. A decision whether or not you get to enter Canada is definitely not at an Egyptians discretion. All visa applications are processed by IRCC.

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Vfs doesn’t process visas. It’s just a middle point for the IRCC to receive visa applications through. A decision whether or not you get to enter Canada is definitely not at an Egyptians discretion. All visa applications are processed by IRCC.
Agreed! But a Visa Office (VO) is not the same as VFS and yes VFS is just a middle man that prints counterfoil on passports and collects biometrics.
Embassies abroad often have an immigration officer (essentially an IRCC employee) and that means the embassy has a Visa Office that reviews applications, Egyptians are often processed in VO Ankra (Turkey).
In fact we do have VO Cairo in here (which used to process all kinds of applications) but now it only processes asylum applications. (this is unofficial info, I just read that on this forum a few months ago)

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Agreed! But a Visa Office (VO) is not the same as VFS and yes VFS is just a middle man that prints counterfoil on passports and collects biometrics.
Embassies abroad often have an immigration officer (essentially an IRCC employee) and that means the embassy has a Visa Office that reviews applications, Egyptians are often processed in VO Ankra (Turkey).
In fact we do have VO Cairo in here (which used to process all kinds of applications) but now it only processes asylum applications. (this is unofficial info, I just read that on this forum a few months ago)
This makes more sense

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
It means someones just had a look at the application but apparently they have made no change. If im calculating right i should expect a decision by next friday since it will have been exactly 7 weeks.