+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after long study break

Ranjeet81

Apr 27, 2016
Hi Webmaster,

My case is quite unusual that's why I am posting here before applying for the Student VISA to Canada.

I have completed my bachelor of science in 1998 and after that I have started my job (had to leave the studies due to inadequate financial condition of the family).

Since now, our financial condition is much better, I wanted to continue my studies but I am 39 years old now.

My first question is - Can I apply for Student VISA?

Second - If yes then what are the possibilities of getting the success?

Thanks,
Ranjeet

funmilolatemi

Apr 5, 2016
HI,

In my own opinion I think you can apply as long as you have been upgrading yourself in attending short courses, seminars and workshop while you are working and you have certificates for all those training I think you are good to go. Good luck

Funmi

ver_vi

Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

I also have a similar question. A friend of mine want to come to Canada for studies. She did her graduation in India & after a break of 3 years now she is in Cyprus on study permit.

I would like to know what are the requirements before applying for Study in Canada (any post graduation course). (IELTS score, education assessment etc.) & does it effect if there is a gap of 3 years between studies. please help

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Ranjeet81 said:
Hi Webmaster,

My case is quite unusual that's why I am posting here before applying for the Student VISA to Canada.

I have completed my bachelor of science in 1998 and after that I have started my job (had to leave the studies due to inadequate financial condition of the family).

Since now, our financial condition is much better, I wanted to continue my studies but I am 39 years old now.

My first question is - Can I apply for Student VISA?

Second - If yes then what are the possibilities of getting the success?

Thanks,
Ranjeet
Absolutely you can do and study permit. You need prepare your financial, IELTS, strong home ties for Visa. You can read this post for more information. My wife 38 year old and got visa and studying at Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-is-age-a-barrier-please-help-t117791.0.html