+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa After 8years

Raju Naik Modavath

Mar 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have finished my BSc in 2011. & B.Ed in 2012 and since then I'm working as a Administrative Assistant in IT company in Hyderabad. I have more than 80% marks in bachelors. I'm 31yrs old right now. I'm married and have 2 lovely kids, husband working in a bank.
My question is that will I able to qualify for student visa.? As I have 8yrs of gap from my latest education.
If so, after how many days, I should make my husband to apply for Dependent Visa???

Experts plz throw light on this matter

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
I think you should consult an immigration agent or even an education agent , they might be able to guide you better , maybe with your work experience you can apply for PR ? Have you considered that option ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have finished my BSc in 2011. & B.Ed in 2012 and since then I'm working as a Administrative Assistant in IT company in Hyderabad. I have more than 80% marks in bachelors. I'm 31yrs old right now. I'm married and have 2 lovely kids, husband working in a bank.
My question is that will I able to qualify for student visa.? As I have 8yrs of gap from my latest education.
If so, after how many days, I should make my husband to apply for Dependent Visa???

Experts plz throw light on this matter
Others can comment as well but the gap in itself is not necessarily an issue but why do you need to come to Canada to study and what would you plan to study would be a question asked by immigration. Any course needs to be relevant to your current qualifications and improve your prospects on return to your home country. Have you followed through with IELTS for language ability.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

The process to apply is not really that complicated if you work through it step by step so no need to pay for an agent, getting the supporting reasons for coming to Canada and a college offer are key as is ability to pay the fees average 18000 CDN and 10000 cdn per year living. The latter of course with a family accompanying would be adjusted up..

As per previous post maybe look at PR qualification.

Raju Naik Modavath

Mar 12, 2019
Thank you so much for your valuable information
Earlier, I have given IELTS General LRWS 7666, and I have no Masters, so my CRS score is very low. In the due course, I have rewritten IELTS but got the same score. I know about PNP and thats a waiting game. I already spent 1yr in this preparation, further don't want to waste time.
So, thought that Student Visa paves the way for PR. And I will have chance to have Canadian Study experience.