+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit with Uncle Sponsoring me

Feb 6, 2024
I am planning to apply for a student permit. I have my acceptance letter, previous education documents, ID, Passport with an expiry date that is much later than the purpose of travel... My uncle has given me some documents such as a signed letter of sponsorship, photo of his passport, photo of his driver's license and Bank statements to show he has the financial means to fund my education.

1- Do I need anything else in my application?
2- I saw people mentioning a letter written by the applicant that explains the purpose of travel and plans. Isn't the information taken in the application enough or is it better to include this. If so how do you recommend I phrase it so that the agent gets all the information they needs clearly.

Appreciate any help I can get, I'm been reading on the process but there's lots of more experienced people here so any kind of help is great!
Have a nice day everyone :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am planning to apply for a student permit. I have my acceptance letter, previous education documents, ID, Passport with an expiry date that is much later than the purpose of travel... My uncle has given me some documents such as a signed letter of sponsorship, photo of his passport, photo of his driver's license and Bank statements to show he has the financial means to fund my education.

1- Do I need anything else in my application?
2- I saw people mentioning a letter written by the applicant that explains the purpose of travel and plans. Isn't the information taken in the application enough or is it better to include this. If so how do you recommend I phrase it so that the agent gets all the information they needs clearly.

Appreciate any help I can get, I'm been reading on the process but there's lots of more experienced people here so any kind of help is great!
Have a nice day everyone :)
1. Are you doing a Masters or PhD? What school? If not, you need a letter of attestation from the province as they are now capped on the number of students who can study in Canada. Provinces have until March 31 to determine criteria and how to apply. You also must pay for first year tuition.
2. You should include a letter that justifies the cost of the program with career opportunities when you return. Explain why you must study in Canada and how the program is not available in your country or cheaper elsewhere. Use your own works.

It is possible, IRCC doesn’t accept your uncle’s proof of funds. He is not considered a family member so can pull the funding at any time. Statements must be in personal accounts. May be best to gift you all the money for your tuition (after paying first year) and the number of years for living expenses now so it is in your accounts rather than his.

Feb 6, 2024
1. Are you doing a Masters or PhD? What school? If not, you need a letter of attestation from the province as they are now capped on the number of students who can study in Canada. Provinces have until March 31 to determine criteria and how to apply. You also must pay for first year tuition.
2. You should include a letter that justifies the cost of the program with career opportunities when you return. Explain why you must study in Canada and how the program is not available in your country or cheaper elsewhere. Use your own works.

It is possible, IRCC doesn’t accept your uncle’s proof of funds. He is not considered a family member so can pull the funding at any time. Statements must be in personal accounts. May be best to gift you all the money for your tuition (after paying first year) and the number of years for living expenses now so it is in your accounts rather than his.
Thank you, I will take all this into account and prepare before applying. I appreciate all the help!