+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit - Financial Proof

Sam92

Jul 13, 2011
Hey guys,

I got accepted into Concordia in Montreal and I have a question about my financial proof for applying for my study permit,
My yearly tuition is around CAD $14,500 and according to the CIC website I need to show proof of CAD $11,000 for living expenses in Quebec,
now my question is,
1) Can I show proof of shares as financial proof?
2) Proof of bonds as financial proof?
Because my mother has the money but it's in the form of shares and bonds and she would need to release the money into the account if they don't accept bonds and shares as financial proof, but then problem then would be that the money would reflect in the bank statements only in the current month and if this is the case,
3) would proof of the shares and bonds together with the 4 month bank statements (current bank statement holding the money) be enough to justify not having the money reflect in the bank statements over 4 months?

***Oh and she has around CAD $8000 in her savings account and around CAD $20,000 split between bonds and shares***

Finally, can we submit the online statements as bank statements or do they need the official bank statements?

innocent_a6

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2013
Please can somebody help answer this?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sam92 said:
Hey guys,

I got accepted into Concordia in Montreal and I have a question about my financial proof for applying for my study permit,
My yearly tuition is around CAD $14,500 and according to the CIC website I need to show proof of CAD $11,000 for living expenses in Quebec,
now my question is,
1) Can I show proof of shares as financial proof?
2) Proof of bonds as financial proof?
Because my mother has the money but it's in the form of shares and bonds and she would need to release the money into the account if they don't accept bonds and shares as financial proof, but then problem then would be that the money would reflect in the bank statements only in the current month and if this is the case,
3) would proof of the shares and bonds together with the 4 month bank statements (current bank statement holding the money) be enough to justify not having the money reflect in the bank statements over 4 months?

***Oh and she has around CAD $8000 in her savings account and around CAD $20,000 split between bonds and shares***

Finally, can we submit the online statements as bank statements or do they need the official bank statements?
1. No, cash money you can't eat shares.
2. Cashable bonds, maybe.
3. What does the checklist for your visa office say?