+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stucked in Calculation of my Eligiliblity points- not able to lodge my application

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would love to see that since many of my friends are reappearing in IELTS just because of that. Come to Canada tool always say ineligible profile and the only factor for which loosing points is IELTS.
Reading: CLB 7 = 4 points
Listening: CLB 7 = 4 points
Speaking: CLB 9 = 6 points
Writing: CLB 7 = 4 points

It is very simple to confirm this by changing one of his CLB 7 scores to CLB8 in the come to canada tool, resulting in being eligible.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Reading: CLB 7 = 4 points
Listening: CLB 7 = 4 points
Speaking: CLB 9 = 6 points
Writing: CLB 7 = 4 points

It is very simple to confirm this by changing one of his CLB 7 scores to CLB8 in the come to canada tool, resulting in being eligible.
CLB 7 means 6 bands in all 4 modules. Then only applicant will get 16 points. There is a table on CIC website for that.
Its not for individual modules.

If the applicant has L 7 S 7 W 5.5 R 6, then he is not eligible for any points under FSW check since CLB 7 is the minimum requirement to apply.

Explanation that you are giving is totally different. Can you please re confirm this?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CLB 7 means 6 bands in all 4 modules. Then only applicant will get 16 points. There is a table on CIC website for that.
Its not for individual modules.

If the applicant has L 7 S 7 W 5.5 R 6, then he is not eligible for any points under FSW check since CLB 7 is the minimum requirement to apply.

Explanation that you are giving is totally different. Can you please re confirm this?
You are confusing the language requirements with the points one can obtain under the six selection factors. Your example is not relevant as obviously not meeting the language requirements would lead to ineligibility. Again, when calculating under the six selection factors it is done individually, period. Please feel free to ask any other senior about this.

Also, you are more than welcome to use the come to Canada tool using OP's information and changing one of his scores to CLB 8, see what happens.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
You are confusing the language requirements with the points one can obtain under the six selection factors. Your example is not relevant as obviously not meeting the language requirements would lead to ineligibility. Again, when calculating under the six selection factors it is done individually, period. Please feel free to ask any other senior about this.

Also, you are more than welcome to use the come to Canada tool using OP's information and changing one of his scores to CLB 8, see what happens.
I am done here. May be not able to explain what I am trying to say. Anyways, good luck helping others.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I am done here. May be not able to explain what I am trying to say. Anyways, good luck helping others.
Below is the table from official website regarding the first official language section under six selection factors (formatting has got jumbled up).
It is quite clear that if one's score in below CLB 7 in any of the 4 sections, they become ineligible to apply. On other hand, if one has at least CLB7 in all sections, their points are calculated for individual scores in each section and then added to get the final score (check the underlined portion)

No offence mate, but one generally doesn't question the understanding of @DelPiero07 on this forum :)

First official language (Maximum 24 points)
Check the table below and add the points that matches your skill level:

First Official Language Points
Speaking
Listening Reading Writing
CLB level 9 or higher 6 6 6 6
CLB level 8 5 5 5 5
CLB level 7 4 4 4 4
Below CLB level 7 Not eligible to apply