Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sweetstrawberry said:
i dont know, now im more worried i am waiting for notes we'll see what those say
There is no point to worrying. It's out of your hands now. If there is nothing in your history to hide, there shouldn't be any big deal, besides some extra processing time.

I'm more interested that the MP has taken it upon themselves to routinely check and to check in with you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sweetstrawberry said:
i dont know, now im more worried i am waiting for notes we'll see what those say
There is no need to worry. Background checks can take a very long time for some applicants. The fact of the matter is, your husband is from a country with some recent fighting and many serious issues because of the war in neighboring Syria. Young men from such countries can face longer background checks because of the possibility that they were involved in the fighting.

profiler said:
Background and Security checks begin automatically and immediately upon the case being entered into GCMS. At least that's what the operational bulletin's state happens (and I know in our case, that's the first step, we were notified of it from myCIC). So it's pretty confusing that you are being told this in the final stages.

The fact that they seem to have free time to routinely check with CIC for you makes me wonder if the rest of her/his constituency should know about their extra 'free' time and that (s)he prefers to work in immigration related matters with that 'free' time.
You are causing the OP worry without any grounds.

Background and security checks can take a very long time for applicants from countries where there is unrest. When it takes longer, it is often the last part of the app to be completed, so it is not at all confusing that OP has been told the app is in the final stages.

Seriously?? By all means, find out which MP it is and shout your opinion out to the masses. Of course, it isn't even the actual MP who is contacting IRCC but a designated person in their office, so you should go straight to the actual MP and complain about their staff member trying to help a constituent too much....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Background and security checks can take a very long time for applicants from countries where there is unrest. When it takes longer, it is often the last part of the app to be completed, so it is not at all confusing that OP has been told the app is in the final stages.
I do not disagree with the point the in conflict zones security processing may take longer. I do however disagree that it's the last part of the app that is completed.

canuck_in_uk said:
Seriously?? By all means, find out which MP it is and shout your opinion out to the masses. Of course, it isn't even the actual MP who is contacting IRCC but a designated person in their office, so you should go straight to the actual MP and complain about their staff member trying to help a constituent too much....
Why would I bother doing that? They are responsible for their staffers and executive assistants (the actual lawyers who work for the MP's). If I wanted to, I would just report it to the Parliament or to the CBC. I however don't really care enough to worry about that. If their office is actually capable of servicing the rest of the community too, as well as babysitting the IRCC over a specific case, then they are political superstars. I can tell you that it certainly is very uncommon that an MP's office would go to that end to help a constituent. That was my point here. And I would be happy to argue the finer points in another thread, as this is about the OP, not a disagreement you wish to have with me.

Anyways, OP, good luck with everything!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
profiler said:
I do not disagree with the point the in conflict zones security processing may take longer. I do however disagree that it's the last part of the app that is completed.

Why would I bother doing that?
Whether you agree or not, background/security checks can easily be and often are the last part of the app to be completed. There have been other applicants on the forum in the same situation as OP.

Why would you bother commenting negatively on the fact that an MP office staffer takes an extra few minutes per month to help just one constituent?

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
I was told that the security check is the final stage after all documents are in. I requested my notes. Medical- passed, Criminiality- in progress and Security - not started. When I contacted CIC, I was told to give it about 3 more months. I will request another set of notes after my b/f date on September 21 to see what happen.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Bigredgal1 said:
I was told that the security check is the final stage after all documents are in. I requested my notes. Medical- passed, Criminiality- in progress and Security - not started. When I contacted CIC, I was told to give it about 3 more months. I will request another set of notes after my b/f date on September 21 to see what happen.
Lucky they gave u a timeline. I have been waiting 3 months and counting stiff and we have had PPR so they are just chillin with my husbands passport.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
i've read somewhere that background checks for the most part are out of IRCC's hands. is this true?

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
in our case in the notes it said, eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed and security is in progress this was our notes back in april, so i requested updated notes to see if there is anything new, so it is safe to say that we are in the final stages as my mp representative said.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
sweetstrawberry said:
in our case in the notes it said, eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed and security is in progress this was our notes back in april, so i requested updated notes to see if there is anything new, so it is safe to say that we are in the final stages as my mp representative said.
Well lets hope it wont be take longer than the date medical was completed because ive heard if that date reaches we gotta redo it.

sweetstrawberry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
23-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st : 06-11-2014 & 2nd: 16-03-2017
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
yah thats true, so annoying i really hope good luck comes our way soon xoxo

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ca-Ke said:
Well lets hope it wont be take longer than the date medical was completed because ive heard if that date reaches we gotta redo it.
It depends, as the medical can actually be extended. Generally, if the app is near the end of the process or if the applicant is not in a risk country, the medical will be extended. However, it is up to the individual VO processing the file to ask for the medical extension, so it doesn't always happen and the person would then be requested to do a new medical.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
It depends, as the medical can actually be extended. Generally, if the app is near the end of the process or if the applicant is not in a risk country, the medical will be extended. However, it is up to the individual VO processing the file to ask for the medical extension, so it doesn't always happen and the person would then be requested to do a new medical.
Hmm ok good to know