+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck at online Citizenship application .. can't proceed

serious_indian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hi..

I am trying to figure out online application for Canadian Citizenship. I am Canadian permanent resident and meet all the residence obligations (including my 1095 days of physical presence in Canada as a PR). However due to unavoidable reasons, I have to leave Canada somewhere in the middle of August 2023.

Now, while trying to figure out the online application, under the “Physical Presence Calculator”, it asks for the days one left Canada in the last 5 years from the date of submitting the application. See pic below :

Now the issue is that it also asks for RETURN date (to Canada) which is mandatory. Since I am currently in India and not sure of my return date for Canada, I am not sure what should I put in this section. Also it won’t even allow to leave it blank (see the second picture below). Also there is not option to provide any sort of explanation in regards to this (no additional box, space etc).

Is there a work around this issue? As to how can one complete the application in such scenario?

Thanks.