+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strong ties - what documents to provide

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

I am in the post AOR stage with spouse non accompanying and am planning to apply for visitor visa for my spouse. He has a job and sufficient finances. No properties in his name in home country and his parents are back in the home country. We are planning to provide his employment contract, 2 weeks itinerary and show temporary flight bookings (which we will mention in the LOE that it will be booked once the visa is approved) to prove that he does not intent to stay in Canada permanently and would return back. Are there any other documents that we can show to make his visitor visa application a strong case and avoid rejection?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am in the post AOR stage with spouse non accompanying and am planning to apply for visitor visa for my spouse. He has a job and sufficient finances. No properties in his name in home country and his parents are back in the home country. We are planning to provide his employment contract, 2 weeks itinerary and show temporary flight bookings (which we will mention in the LOE that it will be booked once the visa is approved) to prove that he does not intent to stay in Canada permanently and would return back. Are there any other documents that we can show to make his visitor visa application a strong case and avoid rejection?
As a non-accompanying family member for your PR application, do be aware that chances of a TRV refusal are pretty high in his case.

IRCC will view his application as wanting to circumvent the PR processing time by not waiting it out in Country A or India.

He can certainly try though

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
As a non-accompanying family member for your PR application, do be aware that chances of a TRV refusal are pretty high in his case.

IRCC will view his application as wanting to circumvent the PR processing time by not waiting it out in Country A or India.

He can certainly try though
Will it help if he shows that he will be traveling say within the next 2-3 weeks, coz its been just 2 months since AOR, and their usual processing time is 6 months for PPR?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will it help if he shows that he will be traveling say within the next 2-3 weeks, coz its been just 2 months since AOR, and their usual processing time is 6 months for PPR?
Like mentioned earlier, he can certainly apply. He might get lucky. However, the visa officer will most likely believe your husband will apply later for PR by the inland route.

BTW decisions are NOT made based on an applicant's travel plans.

If he is granted a TRV, he could be allowed to stay for up to 6 months on initial TRV entry.... by which time you would probably have landed as PR.... and you can then apply to sponsor him. It's a hypothesis but the possibility of this happening is high