+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

strong profile but poor home ties

gaaries

Jan 15, 2014
Hello everyone.. I completed by XII this march and now looking forward to get into one of the best universities in Canada. My GPA in X was 10 out of 10. I am expecting above 90% in XII(my subjects were English, Physical Education, Math, Physics and Chemistry) I want to pursue bachelor's in computer science from a prestigious university. I will apply at UBC, SFU, Carleton, Dalhouse University and choose that university which provides me scholarship. I am hopeful that i would be able to get admission along with scholarship in at least one of these universities due to my strong academic background and extra curriculars i have participated in.
The PROBLEM:-1)My father is a retired class 1 officer and now holds a private job
2) My two real sisters are already in Canada on study permit. One of them has applied for work permit.The other one is studying there and her course would get completed in summer next year.
Financially, i have no problem. My dad will be able to afford my stay in Canada but the problem is that my family ties with home country seem poor.

Do you guys think that i have any chance of getting visa if i get admission in a top university of Canada along with scholarship and proper funds? I don't want to apply in any other country so far. Please tell me what you guys think about my chances.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
university which provides me scholarship.
I regret to tell you that but there are not scholarships for international students pursuing under-graduate (Bachelor) degree in Canada. When you in Canada already you may get some bursary dedicated to international students but usually they are so small (like $500-1000) that means nothing in comparison to your necessary expenses.

However, if your parents could afford your tuition and living expenses , and because your SECOND sister got her SP despite having her "first" sister in Canada already (I suppose), you could use the same arguments as she used to convince VO that you are a lawful person and under no circumstances will stay in Canada illegally.