+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
You do not need to bother with the Professional Engineer certification at the time of application. You may need it when you are actually looking for jobs.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
"The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has updated some of its forms"

Check below link which was updated on March 30, 2009
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/pnpnews.html

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Thanks diva,
the news is big relief for many of us.
BTW, did they check your application in their system or did they just told you this?
My problem is that I sent my application in regular mail without confirmation. If I call them, do you think they will check whether they received it or not?

divagirl said:
Ok, I talked to the AINP just now and they said that if everything is in order, you may not get your file number and would receive the nomination letter directly and not to panic as it is not yet 5 months since the date you applied (my appln was rcvd on Jan 16th).

So folks, dont expect a file number under the new process and keep checking your snail mail boxes according to them.

A

Albertagoverner

PaToAb said:
Thanks diva,
BTW, did they check your application in their system or did they just told you this?
My problem is that I sent my application in regular mail without confirmation. If I call them, do you think they will check whether they received it or not?

divagirl said:
Ok, I talked to the AINP just now and they said that if everything is in order, you may not get your file number and would receive the nomination letter directly and not to panic as it is not yet 5 months since the date you applied (my appln was rcvd on Jan 16th).

So folks, dont expect a file number under the new process and keep checking your snail mail boxes according to them.
Everything is there. You do not need any confirmation. Just wait to recieve the file number or Certificate or request for Additional document.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
They did not ask for any of my details. This was a general answer that they gave, asking me to wait for 5 months (normal processing time for nomination certificate, they said).

I am not aware if they would answer if your application was received. I guess it should be rcvd.

PaToAb said:
Thanks diva,

divagirl said:

johnwilson

Apr 8, 2009
I submitted my AINP documents April-06-2009.
In the CIC forms i mentioned the city/province as Toronto.
Made this mistake as i was filing for FSW and saw this program
few days back.
Can anyone suggest any issues in this?
or a way it can be corrected?

P

pv

There has been a case and what I heard from this forum, they reject the application - I can not validate this information.

But you need to act fast on this, and should send a letter to them explaining the reason and tell them you wrote 'TORONTO' as an error and I have all true intension of making 'alberta' as my home once reach there.

Don't forget to write your full name, date of birth and NOC you have applied for.

Good luck

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
johnwilson said:
few days back.
yes, there are high chances of rejection due to this. there was a guy on this forum to whom this happened. try changing that to Alberta - but i dont know how to do that.

A

Albertagoverner

Mike053 said:
johnwilson said:
few days back.

Just admit the mistake and immediately fax the new page of that form with Calgary or Edmonton as intended place to live. They will add this new form to your application packet. Do it ASAP before it gets in front of Officer. .
yes, there are high chances of rejection due to this. there was a guy on this forum to whom this happened. try changing that to Alberta - but i dont know how to do that.

johnwilson

Apr 8, 2009
Hi Albertagoverner ,
I mailed the new form and a application citing apology and correcttion of mistake.
But that will reach after my initial application.

IS fax a good idea ? and if yes to whom and how i should address this fax.

Many Thanks..

Albertagoverner said:
Mike053 said:
johnwilson said:
few days back.

Just admit the mistake and immediately fax the new page of that form with Calgary or Edmonton as intended place to live. They will add this new form to your application packet. Do it ASAP before it gets in front of Officer. .

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
johnwilson said:
Hi Albertagoverner ,
I mailed the new form and a application citing apology and correcttion of mistake.
But that will reach after my initial application.

IS fax a good idea ? and if yes to whom and how i should address this fax.

Many Thanks..

Albertagoverner said:
Mike053 said:
johnwilson said:
few days back.

I think this is the fax number: 780-427-6560
Pls check with official sources though.
good luck.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
pv said:
There has been a case and what I heard from this forum, they reject the application - I can not validate this information.

But you need to act fast on this, and should send a letter to them explaining the reason and tell them you wrote 'TORONTO' as an error and I have all true intension of making 'alberta' as my home once reach there.

Don't forget to write your full name, date of birth and NOC you have applied for.

Good luck
I too remember seeing a case of a AINP reject application for having written Toronto

And once rejected there is no appeal process. So I suggest, email , fax , mail and also follow up with a call to explain to them

pavpav

Apr 10, 2009
Leon said:
AB H1B program is at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html
2173 Software Engineers and Designers is on their list
If you want to apply, try to get in before April 15 because they will change the list then and nobody knows what will be taken out of it.
Should the postmark date be before April 15? Or must my application be received before April 15?

Thanks.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should the postmark date be before April 15? Or must my application be received before April 15?

Thanks.
[/quote]

As far as we know, the April 15th deadline has been REMOVED.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaNominee said:
Just for information, I applied with AINP 009 form and filled the forms. Are there any specific answers of questions like:
What you intend to do to find job in Alberta?
What you have done in past for settlement in Alberta?

What should I write and How long it should be? Please help..
The keyword here is you. Nobody can tell you what you intend to do or what you have already done. You have to answer this for yourself.

I can tell you what you should be doing though. You should be going to job search websites and checking how many jobs there are in your line of work and in what town. You should be researching Alberta housing market, climate and cities to find out where you would like to live, of course linked to if there might be a job there for you.