+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STOP APPLYING CANADIAN TRV ⚠️

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
According to a new report, Canada’s refusal rate for visitors is on the rise. Would-be visitors from certain countries who want to come to Canada temporarily as tourists, or to attend academic events and conferences, are being refused as many politicians call for change to the system.

WHO IS BEING REFUSED?
In 2017, nearly 600,000 people were refused visitor visas for short stays in Canada. Generally, these stays allow visitors to travel to Canada temporarily for tourism, business, school, conferences, or to visit their families and friends. The number of refusals totals more than 25% of all visitor visa applications received in 2017.

While Canada assesses all applications using the same criteria, some of the factors considered are an applicant’s country of residence and country of citizenship. Applicants from countries with less political and economic security risk a much higher chance of refusal. In fact, many African and Middle Eastern countries face a refusal rate of more than 75% of visitor visa applications.

The implications of these refusal rates can be seen in conferences where speakers and presenters are unable to attend, as well as in families who are unable to reunite and visit in Canada. With refusal rates above 30% in the first three months of 2018, Canadian immigration officials are feeling pressure to redefine the system of visitor visa applications to create a fairer set of conditions.

HOW DOES A PERSON GET REFUSED?
One of the most common reasons for refusal of a visitor visa is that an applicant fails to convince the immigration officer that they intend to exit Canada at the end of their period of stay. If an immigration officer has reason to believe that an applicant may overstay in Canada, past the expiry of the visa, then the visa application will most likely be refused.

When preparing a visitor visa application, applicants should be sure to include evidence that they have already purchased return travel, or that they have access to the funds for such travel. As well, if an applicant is unable to demonstrate they will be able to afford their stay in Canada their application also runs a significant chance of refusal.

As mentioned above, Canada does consider a person’s countries of citizenship and residence when assessing an application. While these may be impossible to change, applicants from countries with higher rates of refusals should ensure the rest of their application is as complete as possible.

WILL CANADA CHANGE ITS POLICIES?
The findings from the recent report have put a lot of pressure on the Canadian government to change the ways in which visitor visas are processed. The current refusal rates greatly impact Canadian tourism by preventing more than half a million visitors from entering Canada annually.

The frequency of visitor visa refusals impacts a range of industries. Canadian academic conferences are often unable to bring scholars from certain African and Middle Eastern countries. Even international business conferences report a high number of absences, often negatively affecting Canadian economic development.

Only time will tell how Canada will address the problem. Visitor visas are one of the most commonly requested types of status in Canada, so any alteration to the system could have huge impacts on immigration processing. However, with Canada’s failure to keep up with the policies of its friends and neighbours, an overhaul of visitor visa processing may be necessary.

Link - https://www.canadim.com/visitor-visa-refusal-rate-on-the-rise/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-access-denied-canadas-refusal-rate-for-visitor-visas-soars/

https://www.immigration.ca/welcome-to-canada-sharp-increase-seen-in-visit-visa-refusals/

www.cicnews.com/2018/07/temporary-resident-visa-refusals-on-the-rise-says-new-report-0710888.html/amp

Manjot4u

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
@Legend6892 STILL HAVE SOME QUESTION PLZ TELL SOME THING ABOUT THESE ALSO

1.) So , can my grandfather's niece send invitation letter containing name of both of us ( me and my grandfather ) in one invitation letter or we should get it seprately from her ?

2).

Who can apply as a main applicant ? May i apply as a main applicant i have doubt bcz my relatives ( who is hosting us ) have a direct relation with my grandfather not with me . And my grandfather dnt have proper documentation need a great advice here

3) My college friend is also in canada he also want me to visit him in canada and he said i will send you a invitation letter .

Can i attached both invitation letter for my trv profile does it looks good or make any effect on my profile

4) should i drop thr idea of invitation letter any apply for trv on thr BASIC OF TOURISM WHILE APPLY THROUGH TOURISM WEBSITE whose who giving s tour packages. Is this process is for benifted for getting visa ?

5 ) I know i have low income from my job . I have chnce to increase my salary for thst i have to change my employer other gas station employer offering me a 28000 INR PER MONTH is this ok if i chnge my job now . Does it show bad impact on my profile that i recently join new job and after 1-2 months im apply for leave from job to visit canada is this okay
According to a new report, Canada’s refusal rate for visitors is on the rise. Would-be visitors from certain countries who want to come to Canada temporarily as tourists, or to attend academic events and conferences, are being refused as many politicians call for change to the system.

WHO IS BEING REFUSED?
In 2017, nearly 600,000 people were refused visitor visas for short stays in Canada. Generally, these stays allow visitors to travel to Canada temporarily for tourism, business, school, conferences, or to visit their families and friends. The number of refusals totals more than 25% of all visitor visa applications received in 2017.

While Canada assesses all applications using the same criteria, some of the factors considered are an applicant’s country of residence and country of citizenship. Applicants from countries with less political and economic security risk a much higher chance of refusal. In fact, many African and Middle Eastern countries face a refusal rate of more than 75% of visitor visa applications.

The implications of these refusal rates can be seen in conferences where speakers and presenters are unable to attend, as well as in families who are unable to reunite and visit in Canada. With refusal rates above 30% in the first three months of 2018, Canadian immigration officials are feeling pressure to redefine the system of visitor visa applications to create a fairer set of conditions.

One of the most common reasons for refusal of a visitor visa is that an applicant fails to convince the immigration officer that they intend to exit Canada at the end of their period of stay. If an immigration officer has reason to believe that an applicant may overstay in Canada, past the expiry of the visa, then the visa application will most likely be refused.

When preparing a visitor visa application, applicants should be sure to include evidence that they have already purchased return travel, or that they have access to the funds for such travel. As well, if an applicant is unable to demonstrate they will be able to afford their stay in Canada their application also runs a significant chance of refusal.

As mentioned above, Canada does consider a person’s countries of citizenship and residence when assessing an application. While these may be impossible to change, applicants from countries with higher rates of refusals should ensure the rest of their application is as complete as possible.

The findings from the recent report have put a lot of pressure on the Canadian government to change the ways in which visitor visas are processed. The current refusal rates greatly impact Canadian tourism by preventing more than half a million visitors from entering Canada annually.

The frequency of visitor visa refusals impacts a range of industries. Canadian academic conferences are often unable to bring scholars from certain African and Middle Eastern countries. Even international business conferences report a high number of absences, often negatively affecting Canadian economic development.

Only time will tell how Canada will address the problem. Visitor visas are one of the most commonly requested types of status in Canada, so any alteration to the system could have huge impacts on immigration processing. However, with Canada’s failure to keep up with the policies of its friends and neighbours, an overhaul of visitor visa processing may be necessary.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-access-denied-canadas-refusal-rate-for-visitor-visas-soars/

https://www.immigration.ca/welcome-to-canada-sharp-increase-seen-in-visit-visa-refusals/

www.cicnews.com/2018/07/temporary-resident-visa-refusals-on-the-rise-says-new-report-0710888.html/amp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Maybe if it was easier to deport "fake" asylum claimers and "overstayers", Canada could afford to be more lenient in the approval criteria.

However, the world is such that this is unlikely to be possible for at least the immediate future.

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017

WHO IS BEING REFUSED?

I Have already this one while searching on google" CA refusal rate on 2018 :D