+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still No CAQ !!!

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
I have applied for CAQ on Feb 8th 2013 online (University - Concordia, May 2013 intake), and they have received my documents on Feb 14th 2013.
But after that no updates...
Can someone please tell how long does it typically or usually (not what they have mentioned in their website) take for CAQ decision making...
My friend got it in 3 days after receipt of documents...
I am getting a little tired of all these, waiting, waiting with no other work to do... not worried. I don't worry for these things. But Unhappy.

tiger007

Champion Member
ajosephhh said:
I have applied for CAQ on Feb 8th 2013 online (University - Concordia, May 2013 intake), and they have received my documents on Feb 14th 2013.
But after that no updates...
Can someone please tell how long does it typically or usually (not what they have mentioned in their website) take for CAQ decision making...
My friend got it in 3 days after receipt of documents...
I am getting a little tired of all these, waiting, waiting with no other work to do... not worried. I don't worry for these things. But Unhappy.
Hi,

The Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) has promised to process applications for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies within 20 business days, not including postal delivery time. (from the date of receving documents).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/processing-times.html

So it may take anywhere between maximum 20-27 days (including postal delivery time)

Have some patience.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

The Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) has promised to process applications for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies within 20 business days, not including postal delivery time. (from the date of receving documents).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/processing-times.html

So it may take anywhere between maximum 20-27 days (including postal delivery time)

Have some patience.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too
Thanks for your reply Tiger.
I have nothing but patience and time, lot of them... So, will wait.
Just asked to know how long it took for our friends who are applying for this May intake...

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ajosephhh

Could you please share the process from the scratch to apply for CAQ. That would be helpful

I am concerned about the Documents which are required to be submitted mainly the proof of funds/ Financial Docs

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
mayank_6 said:
@ ajosephhh

Could you please share the process from the scratch to apply for CAQ. That would be helpful

I am concerned about the Documents which are required to be submitted mainly the proof of funds/ Financial Docs
Applying for CAQ is the easiest applying process i have ever done... Just explore this "http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/caq-electronic/index.html".

No need to show proof of funds for CAQ, if you are from India.

engr_smak

May 20, 2012
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
File Transfer...
29-01-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Hello,
I am Adil(engr_smak)
I have also got CAQ (concordia Univ.)
CAQ file (email and Post through DHL) = 15th Dec'13
CAQ receive via email = 30th Dec'13
CAQ receive by post = 19th Jan'13

Hope u all the best

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Hi
I applied for my visa yesterday.
while filling out the student permit questionnaire there was a question to list all the activities above age of 18 and not to leave any gaps.
By mistake i have left a gap of 4 months during which i was travelling.
will it create any problem for me???

please reply
Thanks

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
winie said:
Hi
I applied for my visa yesterday.
while filling out the student permit questionnaire there was a question to list all the activities above age of 18 and not to leave any gaps.
By mistake i have left a gap of 4 months during which i was travelling.
will it create any problem for me???

please reply
Thanks
i dont think 4 months isn't entirely a huge gap at all. It should not be a problem. Good luck! all the best...

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ajo,

Did you got CAQ..?

What are the conditions for applying to Quebec..?
What about french..? i heard that its very tuff to get admission in quebec because we have to prove our french lanugae..?

I am also from India... please help to know more info plse share your mail id...

winie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
@bigkahuna thanks for replying!

I would like to ask 1 more question - there was a
question that in past five years have you ever
stayed in other countries for six months?
actually i have stayed for 2 -3 months as it was a
holiday period every year in another country as my
dad was posted there for 4 years.
but i have never stayed consecutively for six
months at once.

And i answered the above question as no.

is it correct
or should i have had ans yes and given all the
details.??/

amarnadh007

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its really not an issue.You need PCC if you stayed continuously more than 6 months in same place abroad

daedalus16

Jan 26, 2017
Hi,

My CAQ file was opened on 24th Jan, and the documents were received on 30th Jan. But, I still don't see any receipt/acknowledgement for the received. Who should I contact to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
CAQ takes up to 30 days maximum. Depends on how many files they receive.

I applied for it 2 times before and I know it's delays. They also update status lately, so if you get accepted on the 25th, they will notify you by the 28-29.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Malik59er said:
Bro, I'm a pakistani student who got accepted into a university in Quebec and now I wish to apply for a Quebec acceptance certificate. I went through the website and I am really confused regarding where to start and where to end. Will you please help me?
There is nothing complicated on their website. It's absolutely clear and well guided. Fill your application, pay your fees, gather your papers and send them to the address states on their website.