App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
After speaking to a lawyer and confirming, Co-Op does not count as academic year/time/subject. Even though it counts as an extra year (whatever long it took) on your curriculum, the number of years is based on the number of semesters the program took; NOT number of years the program took to complete.

Basically, if your 3 years diploma says 3 years but Co-Op took another year and a half, your program is still of 3 years NOT 4 years.

Even if you passed Co-Op (usually a presentation at the end of every term), you will NOT be given extra credits towards EE.

Bummer... :-[ :-[

@Moelaghil

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Oh boy, when I submitted my eAPR I counted my Co-op year as an academic year. Although in my defense they did not clarify that at all, so it might be in the gray area. ::)

My situation is slightly more complicated because I took a 2 year engineering diploma first before getting my bachelor's degree. The entire 2 years of diploma counts towards the bachelor's degree, so I only needed 4 study semesters after my diploma to get my bachelor's. In that time I did a total of 4 work semesters! So in my application I put down 3 academic years for the bachelor's degree. I hope it's okay :'(

I will try to remember this post when I receive an answer in regards to my application and I will update you on what happened. If you don't hear back within 6 months hit me up!

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
moelaghil said:
Oh boy, when I submitted my eAPR I counted my Co-op year as an academic year. Although in my defense they did not clarify that at all, so it might be in the gray area. ::)

My situation is slightly more complicated because I took a 2 year engineering diploma first before getting my bachelor's degree. The entire 2 years of diploma counts towards the bachelor's degree, so I only needed 4 study semesters after my diploma to get my bachelor's. In that time I did a total of 4 work semesters! So in my application I put down 3 academic years for the bachelor's degree. I hope it's okay :'(

I will try to remember this post when I receive an answer in regards to my application and I will update you on what happened. If you don't hear back within 6 months hit me up!
In your case if you have enough points is all that matters, you just have to phrase it very well on your LOE