+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sticky Details On Form ... PLEASE HELP!

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
Hello All, I don't want to be too neurotic filling in these forms but have some specific questions .. any answers would be really appreciated:

My husband is applying to come visit me in Canada and meet my family. For the question re. Reason For His Visit should he be applying for TOURISM or OTHER ??

For funds available for his stay ... what is an appropriate amount per day that they would consider sufficient? Is it posible to show you have TOO MANY FUNDS? (I will be paying for his visit)

To show his ties to his country: He is self employed and owns 2 properties .. what would be appropriate here? Business license? Proof of his property ownership? Anything else he should provide?

Am I correct in understanding that he should submit his ORIGINAL PASSPORT with the application?

For Tanzanian citizens (of which he is one) there is a possibility that he will require an interview ..... if he sends his original passport with the application and is required for an interview (the office is in Nairobi Kenya) HOW is he supposed to get into Keny without his passport ?!?!?!

Finally, for letters of invitation ... does it make a big difference if they are notarized or not? Who would be best to write these letters? (Family members? Myself?)

Thanks so much, and sorry for so many questions ....

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fatmamakombe said:
Hello All, I don't want to be too neurotic filling in these forms but have some specific questions .. any answers would be really appreciated:

My husband is applying to come visit me in Canada and meet my family. For the question re. Reason For His Visit should he be applying for TOURISM or OTHER ??

For funds available for his stay ... what is an appropriate amount per day that they would consider sufficient? Is it posible to show you have TOO MANY FUNDS? (I will be paying for his visit)

To show his ties to his country: He is self employed and owns 2 properties .. what would be appropriate here? Business license? Proof of his property ownership? Anything else he should provide?

Am I correct in understanding that he should submit his ORIGINAL PASSPORT with the application?

1. Tourism
2. With accommodation $50-100 per day.
3. Yes and yes.
4. You know that he could apply through VFS Global in Tanzania? See:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/index.aspx?menu_id=2&menu=L as well as directly to Nairobi.
5. Yes he has to include his passport, where else would they stamp the visa if it is issued?
6. If he is married to a Canadian citizen or PR don't get your hopes up that he will be issued a TRV.

PMM

For Tanzanian citizens (of which he is one) there is a possibility that he will require an interview ..... if he sends his original passport with the application and is required for an interview (the office is in Nairobi Kenya) HOW is he supposed to get into Keny without his passport ?!?!?!

Finally, for letters of invitation ... does it make a big difference if they are notarized or not? Who would be best to write these letters? (Family members? Myself?)

Thanks so much, and sorry for so many questions ....

Cheers