+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STEM OCCUPATION - Will Changing NOC before submitting eAPR

bubble0810

Apr 20, 2024
Hi,

I have received an ITA on April 11th(STEM Occupation draw). I am filling the fields to submit my eAPR online. Before I got picked by IRCC, my NOC code in my Express Entry was 21232 software developers and programmers. However, after discussing with my employer, they suggests me to change that to 21231 - Software engineers and designers. Will my application for PR be affected by this action? I know both NOC code are one of the STEM occupations and I will still be qualified. However, I am looking for suggestions, and hoping to get someone sharing their experience regarding this.

Thanks! I am looking forward to your response.

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
Hi,

I have received an ITA on April 11th(STEM Occupation draw). I am filling the fields to submit my eAPR online. Before I got picked by IRCC, my NOC code in my Express Entry was 21232 software developers and programmers. However, after discussing with my employer, they suggests me to change that to 21231 - Software engineers and designers. Will my application for PR be affected by this action? I know both NOC code are one of the STEM occupations and I will still be qualified. However, I am looking for suggestions, and hoping to get someone sharing their experience regarding this.

Thanks! I am looking forward to your response.
Should not be affected (you should be good) because they both fall under STEM

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

But maybe you need to explain why you changed.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-change-noc-code-after-receiving-ita.486815/post-5953729

Reactions: bubble0810

bubble0810

Apr 20, 2024
thanks, yeah that's what I thought since both NOCs are eligible. I will attach a LOE to better explain my situation. I also sent a webform to confirm with IRCC.

Reactions: SamDam