+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stayed outside Canada for more than 6 months

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi,
I got PR last year and stayed there in Canada for 3 months and then moved back to home country and planning to stay for 5.5 months at least, but in case if I stay more than 6 months in home country do I have to bring PCC at the time of next entry? or any other disadvantage later on like my previous three months stay period days will not count in citizenship policy in which I have to stay there for 1095 days in next 5 years. Please give your views and suggestions.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I got PR last year and stayed there in Canada for 3 months and then moved back to home country and planning to stay for 5.5 months at least, but in case if I stay more than 6 months in home country do I have to bring PCC at the time of next entry? or any other disadvantage later on like my previous three months stay period days will not count in citizenship policy in which I have to stay there for 1095 days in next 5 years. Please give your views and suggestions.
Thanks
You may not have met the residency obligation to receive healthcare and would have to reapply. You will have to look at the residency obligation for the province you live in. A valid card does not necessarily mean that you have the right to coverage.

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
You may not have met the residency obligation to receive healthcare and would have to reapply. You will have to look at the residency obligation for the province you live in. A valid card does not necessarily mean that you have the right to coverage.
yes I guess will have to apply Ontarios health card, Health card is always province based.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes I guess will have to apply Ontarios health card, Health card is always province based.
yes. Many are unaware that there are separate residency obligations toqualify for healthcare. A valid card does not mean you qualify for health coverage. The residency obligations to qualify for healthcare vary by province.