+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status update for interview

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Did your online status change for the citizenship interview request or did you only receive the request letter in the mail?

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Status never changed for me, from exam it went straight to became citizen !!

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So from in-process, did it go to test/exam? If it did, do you remember if the status changed before or after you got the letter in the mail?

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So from in-process, did it go to test/exam? If it did, do you remember if the status changed before or after you got the letter in the mail?
Hi,

There are 3 different statuses that will appear on your eCAS as your application is being processed (application received, in process, and decision made).
It will be in blue and underlined when you log in your account. Click on that and it will take you to another page that will show you the exact stage your application is at.

Take mine for example:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2016.

3. We started processing your application on May 9, 2016.

4. We sent you a notice on June 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on June 28, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on xx-xx-xx at xx:xx AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

PS: Based on other people's posts here, apparently not everyone's eCAS gets updated all the time. Also, the status will change a few days after you receive the email (AOR) or mail (test invite and oath invite).

In my case, it took:
-3 days for it to get activated after I received the AOR in my email (showed application received)
-6 days for in process
-48 days for decision made

Hope this helps! :)

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
joseph18 said:
Hi,

There are 3 different statuses that will appear on your eCAS as your application is being processed (received, in process, and decision made).
It will be in blue when you log in your account. Click on that and it will take you to another page that will show you the exact stage your application is at.

For example:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2016.

4. We sent you a notice on June 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on June 28, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on xx-xx-xx at xx:xx AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

PS: Based on other people's posts here, apparently not everyone's eCAS gets updated all the time. Also, the status will change a few days after you receive the email (AOR) or mail (test invite and oath invite).

Hey Joseph

Why I only see this after getting my AOR?!

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Remove website access to my application status and address information.

Note: This means you or anyone else will no longer be able to access your application status and address information on this website. You will have to contact us to learn about changes to your application status and to update your address information.

Remove access

Logout

Date modified:2016-05-02

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Hey Joseph

Why I only see this after getting my AOR?!

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Note: This means you or anyone else will no longer be able to access your application status and address information on this website. You will have to contact us to learn about changes to your application status and to update your address information.

Remove access

Logout

Date modified:2016-05-02

Hi,

Below this: If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
You can see this: Citizenship Application(s)
Below that: you will see your name and to the right is the underlined status. Click on that.

Let me know if you found it. Thanks.

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
joseph18 said:
Hi,

Below this: If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
You can see this: Citizenship Application(s)
Below that: you will see your name and to the right is the underlined status. Click on that.
Thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately, I don't see any underline status. I got my AOR on the 29th you think it's still early to get "process" update?

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately, I don't see any underline status. I got my AOR on the 29th you think it's still early to get "process" update?
But are you able to log in to your eCAS using the UCI or application number?
I find it weird and unusual if you can log in and it shows nothing but this:

Remove access

Logout

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Yes I am able to login
Oh ok! Sorry, but I have no idea what is going on with your eCAS. The best thing to do is call CIC and inform them that there is something wrong with your eCAS.

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
joseph18 said:
Oh ok! Sorry, but I have no idea what is going on with your eCAS. The best thing to do is call CIC and inform them that there is something wrong with your eCAS.
Called them this morning and she said that she's not aware of the issue. Then she got my information and checked from her end she said I just have to wait until they put my data.

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Called them this morning and she said that she's not aware of the issue. Then she got my information and checked from her end she said I just have to wait until they put my data.
Hopefully it will be available by tomorrow.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
joseph18 said:
Hi,

There are 3 different statuses that will appear on your eCAS as your application is being processed (application received, in process, and decision made).
It will be in blue and underlined when you log in your account. Click on that and it will take you to another page that will show you the exact stage your application is at.

Take mine for example:

In my case, it took:
-3 days for it to get activated after I received the AOR in my email (showed application received)
-6 days for in process
-48 days for decision made

Yes it explains a lot. I think for many people, they don't click on the underlined status to see the details with it. I have been doing that for the longest time, its only every once in a while that I click on the underlined status just to see the next page. Thanks for the input though.