AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So I've seen a lot of speculation about the status tracker that may or may not reside atop one's PR application. People have tried to read some meaning into changes in the estimated number of months (or weeks or days) remaining.

So here are my thoughts:
1) For me, since day 1, the tracker said my estimated completion date is 7th August. Why? Because the average time to process an application is 6 month and I submitted my application on 7th February.
2) It disappeared for a while, then came back after I passed my medicals. But nothing else changed.
3) The little blue bar solely indicates time passing by (says as much if you read the help page) so keeps growing (hopefully not ad infinitum :) )
4) The time remaining is a calculated value. You may see sudden changes because of rounding or changing from months to weeks or days - but it means nothing it just uses the estimated completion date.

Conclusion, the only interesting information is the expected completion date. I believe this will only be updated if the overall times change (for better or worse) - although the help says that estimated completion time may be modified (which I guess it will be indirectly when the completion date is updated).

Conspiracy theory - the only reason they have the tracker is to make people to understand that it will take on average 6 months, and not start freaking out and contacting IRCC before then!