+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status check online - Confused?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Hi, I have applied for renewal of PR card because of name change. My application reached to visa office 3 weeks back.
I am trying to check status of online but unable to understand the instructions. I would be thankful if someone can help to me....

Step 1. visit URL
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=4

Step 2. Click Ckeck application status

Step 3. say yes to check-box following & press continue
- I have read, understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions.

Step 4. Add information to all fields, and press continue.

Here starts the problem :-\

Step 5.
If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Say yes (check the check-box) Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.

there is submit button and Logout button

If I don't check that button, I can't move forward; and if I check that button, that means I am asking to withdraw option to see status online :-\

I am totally confused....

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
okay friends, I think I understand the issue now...

in Step 5. there are 2 different things which were looking like 1 (single) item...

1. If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.
(but there is no underline status - because my case might not have reached to certain stage, where status is mentioned online)

2. Say yes (check the check-box) Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
there is submit button and Logout button

Since expected status link is not appearing after item 1. I got confused and thought number 2. is part of number 1.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One more thing.... while checking online status one thing matters that's information filled in the fields is case sensitive,
I opted for Landing document no. etc .. etc ... and family name I entered in running case ((first name)John (family name)Smith --- entered my name as - Smith);
I was getting message no information about this case. But if I enter family name as - smith (all lower case), then I get above situation....

Seems entered information is case sensitive in CIC system....