+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status changed from InProcess to ApplicationReceived

manpreetgr8

Feb 15, 2009
Hi,

I had filed my application for immigration at New Delhi(India) Consulate on March, 2008.

Earlier my application status online used to be "In Process" with following message:

"We transferred your application to the Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office on March 2, 2009. The Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office may contact you."

However, today when I checked my online status it changed to Application Received with description "We received your application on 25 March, 2008."

Why has In Process changed to application received. Isn't this strange? Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Slick

Star Member
Feb 2, 2008
manpreetgr8 said:
Hi,

I had filed my application for immigration at New Delhi(India) Consulate on March, 2008.

Earlier my application status online used to be "In Process" with following message:

"We transferred your application to the Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office on March 2, 2009. The Sydney, Nova Scotia - C-50 office may contact you."

However, today when I checked my online status it changed to Application Received with description "We received your application on 25 March, 2008."

Why has In Process changed to application received. Isn't this strange? Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Hi, same thing happened to me... my status changed from "IN PROCESS" to "APPLICATION RECEIVED".
If you look at the timeline diagram, I would then be moving backward instead of going forward???
Not sure what is going on....

ramnan

Feb 16, 2009
Same thing has happened to me

From IN PROCESS TO APPLICATION RECEIVED

Anyway under which NOC u guys applied ?

gillbates

May 16, 2009
Mine too....it is showing 'Application Received'. Since I do not qualify under 38 list, what other options I do have?

I have also heard that people who applied after Feb08 and before Nov08, will might be given some chance to qualify. After this time period application will be considered under new rules.

Please pour some light on this.

Thanks!

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Mine also changed. Possibly cic trying to make the updates more meaningful. "In process" in the past was very common.

flake

Mar 9, 2009
Hi All,

There is one thing that I don't understand. My status used to show my address. But now it does not, ever since the status changed from "in process" to "application received". :-(

- flake

walking_omer

Apr 10, 2009
yah..i have the same experience all that you have mentioned above. i just they will find a way to accommodate us in the process instead of dumping us.

if anybody will get any new response after this status change then please allow us to know.

manvi

Apr 9, 2009
Hi Manpreet

My case is similar to yours. I think we all are not aware about the implications of new rules. Most new member are conceiving that applicats who applied between feb 2008 to nov 2008 will be exempted from new regualtion . But it is just perception let us wait & watch until & unless somebody got any positive reply.

So hope for the best and keep sharing your views if anyone got more updates on status.

Regards

Manvi

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear all
I have also heard about the exemption of new rules for those who applied between feb 2008 to nov 2008. But there is no comment from cic about it.

Pls. inform this forum immediately if anyone get exemption of new rules.

Thanks

SYED

manvi

Apr 9, 2009
Dear Syed

See the below link from CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf page 17

You can see clearly the word " exemption " mentioned for applicants applied between feb 2008 to nov 2008.

The conclusion of this words can be realised if anyone got positive result.

Thanks

Manvi

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi,

I would also be applying from New Delhi, India.

Please tell me at what address we have Courier all the documents along with the filled Forms.

Meena

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear manvi
I have gone through the section you provided.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf page 17

For those who have not yet seen the section is copied here.

OP 6 Federal Skilled Workers 2009-05-08 17
Applications that do not correspond to the Ministerial Instructions are not eligible for processing. In these cases, applicants will be sent a letter indicating that they are not eligible for processing and that a refund will be issued.

Note: Exceptions apply to applications received between February 27, 2008, and November 28, 2008. Someone who meets the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions today, but did not meet them on the application received date, should be assessed in relation to today's date and not the application received date. For someone who met the requirements as of the application received date, but no longer meets them, the reference point should be the application received date. The rule of thumb is to apply the requirements in a manner that favors the client. Applicants could not self screen before the Ministerial Instructions were made public.

Substituted evaluation cannot be used to overcome failure to meet the Ministerial Instructions.

The above statement gives a hope for those who have applied between 27 Feb - 28 Nov 2008 & not included in the ministerial list.

Pls. put your comment to improve the discussion.

SYED

BS 6353

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
I applied in March 2008 at New Delhi visa office under FSW. A got my file number in april 2008. In January 2009 i was asked to send full application with all the documents. Full application along with documents were send in April 2009.But even after recieving my file number in April 2008 I am unable to see any responce on CIC web site. Please advise if I have to do anything else to see status of my application.

Regards

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear BS 6353
You have just sent the documents last month. Hope you will get letter from CIC very shortly.

Anyway, What are your NOC code & job title ?

Best of luck.

SYED