+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Timelines please
Hi Rajkumari, this is a forum for SUV (Start up Visa). Have you applied in this category? I am from UAE and see there are similar delays from here too but for the SUV category.

The file does not seem to move an inch just relocation of Visa offices o_O

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have few questions around my Work Permit application under Startup Visa Program;
I have applied for the SUV Work Permit on 22nd July, 2021.
I got biometric request letter on 24th July, 2021.
I have submitted biometrics on 26th July, 2021, and their validity is confirmed till 26th July, 2031 (Letter is not received but the lawyer portal got updated with the biometric status and its validity)

My country is Pakistan and its applied (online), the processing time shows 14 weeks for my country. Its been 13 weeks from the date of application.

My questions are:
1) Is IRCC following the processing time provided on the website accurately? (If not what are the kind of delays?)
2) When does the processing time actually start, from date of application or date of submission of biometric?

Hi there,

The IRCC time's lines are based on an average basis, may / may not include the SUV category but WP under all routes. The average waiting time for PR - ppl who have applied in Jan 2020 are getting PPR now. Work permit depends on your country of application as it is processed from your country of SUV residence.

For instance, ppl have applied for WP in Nov 2020, and the processing time as per the website is 12 weeks (which keeps fluctuating from 12, 20, 40 weeks randomly). However, to date, there is no update. So you can gauge the accuracy of the timeline indicated on the CIC website. Processing time starts when they have received complete documentation and if you see there is not much difference between the Biometric date and WP application date - you would have submitted max in a month or two from the date of application.

Hope it helps.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
This is Rajkumar Loganathan here, I'm aware of its startup visa program :) I run a HealthTech Startup had chosen to apply for LMIA based Owner Operator WP. I'm based in Muscat, Oman. Ultimately all our Visas get processed through the Abud Dhabi VO.

Hope lifting of the non-essential travel advisory yesterday helps and they start processing the WPs. As stated in the above post by you, similar experience, mine went from 7 weeks to 24 weeks max. but many 7 and 24 weeks have gone by. Webforms don't get any response from VO.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
This is Rajkumar Loganathan here, I'm aware of its startup visa program :) I run a HealthTech Startup had chosen to apply for LMIA based Owner Operator WP. I'm based in Muscat, Oman. Ultimately all our Visas get processed through the Abud Dhabi VO.

Hope lifting of the non-essential travel advisory yesterday helps and they start processing the WPs. As stated in the above post by you, similar experience, mine went from 7 weeks to 24 weeks max. but many 7 and 24 weeks have gone by. Webforms don't get any response from VO.
Webforms, GCMS notes are responded to almost after 45 days. So things are slowed they have shifted files to and from different visa offices for work relocation between the visa offices. So it's a wait-and-watch game now.

suv_startup

Oct 21, 2021
Hi there,

The IRCC time's lines are based on an average basis, may / may not include the SUV category but WP under all routes. The average waiting time for PR - ppl who have applied in Jan 2020 are getting PPR now. Work permit depends on your country of application as it is processed from your country of SUV residence.

For instance, ppl have applied for WP in Nov 2020, and the processing time as per the website is 12 weeks (which keeps fluctuating from 12, 20, 40 weeks randomly). However, to date, there is no update. So you can gauge the accuracy of the timeline indicated on the CIC website. Processing time starts when they have received complete documentation and if you see there is not much difference between the Biometric date and WP application date - you would have submitted max in a month or two from the date of application.

Hope it helps.
Thank you @Rakap, for answering and detailing the timeline thoroughly. I hope they speed up the processing process and give some weightage to SUV category as well.

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Webforms, GCMS notes are responded to almost after 45 days. So things are slowed they have shifted files to and from different visa offices for work relocation between the visa offices. So it's a wait-and-watch game now.
GCMS
Even GCMS 45 days not happening, waiting for 53 days now.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi guys,
To God be the glory. PPR came today!! Can't even explain how I'm feeling right now.
Hi Mosmo,
Congratulations on one of the best news of your life...!
May I know how many Essential Members or Principle applicants are in your SUV project?
Thanks & Wish you have a safe landing
Kai

Last edited:
Reactions: mosmo

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Only one. Don't worry hang in there. Yours and everyone's ppr on this forum will surely come soon by God's grace. I know the wait is crazy. But I guess its all worth it at the end. Cheers.

Reactions: VPG

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Only one. Don't worry hang in there. Yours and everyone's ppr on this forum will surely come soon by God's grace. I know the wait is crazy. But I guess its all worth it at the end. Cheers.
Hi Mosmo,
Thank you very much for your information and very kind advice.
All the best for you my buddy
Cheers
Kai

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Aor. Jan 2 2020
Biometrics request. jan 6 2020
Biometrics done. jan 8
Address Oct 20 2020 sch A, pof, PCC etc
Address Aug. 29th 2021. All forms again/ progress report.
Address sept 13th ielts/renewed passport
Medical request sept 13th
Adress sept 24th. LOE
Medical done oct 4th
Medical passed oct 12th
PAL oct 16th
Ppr oct 21st
Congrats to you! Would you pls tell us from which country you applied?

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
hi there, we want to submit our work permit application under startup visa program and we have received the forms and packages from ircc.
we are confused in some fields please help us to complete it. it seems their form is about job offer and we don't have any job offer we are startup!

for example:

** Employment Reference Letter:
You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.

** Letter from Current Employer
You must provide a letter from your current employer or proof of annotated pay stubs from your employer. This is used to confirm the details of your financial profile Financial profile details include your job status (full-time or part-time), how long you have worked for the company, your occupation, etc.

**Employment Contract
You must submit a written employment contract with details of your job and the conditions of your employment. To ensure there is a fair working arrangement between you and your employer, an employment contract must show that the requirements of the immigration program you are applying for are met in the agreement.
The contract should outline mandatory employer-paid benefits, including: job duties for each job

** Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.

Please help me if you had any related experience.

thank you