+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

robinsteve

Aug 29, 2021
Thank you for you all.

My timeline as follows:
1) March 10,2020 AoR
2) March 12,2020 Biometrics request
3)Feb 25,2022 ADR, company formation documents, work history, business operation proofs, and police certificate update;
4) Aug 13,2022 Medical request
5) Aug 30,2022 Medical passed,
6) Nov 11,2022 PPR

I think I am a lucky guy. You guys will be soon. No worries.

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Yes and I applied for renewal 2 months ago and waiting!
Hello everyone

On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Thank you for you all.

My timeline as follows:
1) March 10,2020 AoR
3)Feb 25,2022 ADR, company formation documents, work history, business operation proofs, and police certificate update;
6) Nov 11,2022 PPR

Congratulation and I am so happy to hear that.
Did you apply for WP also can I ask you what is your home country?

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Hello everyone

On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman
It was supposed to be auto filled by the portal. SUV WP is A75
Here are the codes...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes.html#r205

Using the online employer portal means you already have incorporated in Canada and have a CRA business number
Isn't that one less reason to get IRCC to approve your WP?

Last edited:

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
It was supposed to be auto filled by the portal. SUV WP is A75
Here are the codes...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes.html#r205

Using the online employer portal means you already have incorporated in Canada and have a CRA business number
Isn't that one less reason to get IRCC to approve your WP?
Thanks for your reply.

It seems at the step “Job details”, when you select “Significant benefit” R205(a) as “LMIA exemption title” the system populates “C10” as “LMIA exemption code” which is incorrect and It should be “A75”.

I really don't know what shall I do???? This is their BUG in the online system!!!

This is the stupid reason that they have rejected me

becca2309

Nov 18, 2022
I don't think I used LMIA exempt! I hope it won't be refused.
Did you submit an offer of employment via the employer portal? If so, you wouldn’t have been able to create and submit the employment offer without indicating a LMIA exemption title.

Would appreciate if anyone else who has successfully applied for a SUV WP could provide some insight.

Last edited:

qhuo2006

Jan 30, 2022
Thank you for you all.

My timeline as follows:
1) March 10,2020 AoR
6) Nov 11,2022 PPR

Really Great News, Congrats!

one question, what kind of "business operation proofs" do they need? are they annual financial report or what?

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Yes, our friend did type exactly the surname/family name (and they even tried other options like full name, middle name, etc ... or use UCI # ...) but it did not work and popped up the window:

=== quoted ===

Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

=== unquoted ===
OK... Then the case is still with them. Not yet started the process.

Reactions: suv2020

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
Hi guys, my suv WP was rejected with this reason "You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process."

I am so clueless about it. I already applied for PR

becca2309

Nov 18, 2022
Hi guys, my suv WP was rejected with this reason "You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process."

I am so clueless about it. I already applied for PR
Sorry to hear about this. It appears you didn’t submit enough proof or proper explanation that your work permit should be LMIA exempt.

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
Sorry to hear about this. It appears you didn’t submit enough proof or proper explanation that your work permit should be LMIA exempt.
I paid the compliance fee of $230 and followed the instructions to fill out the corresponding form with proper codes. I don't know what else I needed to do, you have any idea?