+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STAPLES STAPLES STAPLES....I DON'T GET IT

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi guys,

okay I understand not to use staples on the application, however emails and letters from friends and family would definitly need to be stapled. I haven't read anywhere not to use staples. I think it makes things much more organized and keep important documents together.

What would happen if CIC receives an application with Staples...they can easily remove I would think. I dont understand this big fuss about using staples....i got too many emails and letter that need to be stapled and I have and its going to be sent like that.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used 2 inch paper clip for the application kit when I mailed. If stapling is permitted, some applicants may use several staples and the corners of the documents may get spoiled.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
so you cant staple two pages...how does that get spoiled.

I think paper clips just ruin the file. It's not secure enough. I understand not to staple the application but supporting documents..like two page emails and two page letters things like that..where are people reading about staples.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
robertbola said:
I haven't read anywhere not to use staples.
It's actually clearly indicated in the guide, to not use staples. Seems like this is a huge deal for you. If you "need" to use staples so badly than by all means...

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
believe it or not it seems like it's a big deal from a lot of post I have read. what are they going to do send the application back because there is 10 staples in a 200 page application....

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Of all the things to stress about, this isn't one of them.

I have send hundreds of applications with a combination of staples and paperclips.

I have never once seen an application returned, especially for staples.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Trust me, I agree about not worrying about trivial things but...why would you do somthing that it specifically states in the guide NOT to do.

I also agree it would be silly if they returned an entire application because of some staples but would you want to risk it falling into the hands of an IO that is pickier than the rest or just plan having a bad day. And if that IO did happen to refuse because of this they would be in their right to do so because the guide clearly states not to use staples.

What's the big deal in using paperclips instead of staples? I don't see the issue. If they're asking applicants not to use staples they must have a reason in doing so. Perhaps they've had difficulty with paperwork getting stuck together, or maybe it's a time issue having to remove staples all the time... who knows, maybe they have to separate documents that you "decided" needing stapling?

Bottom line, do what you feel is best. Just because they haven't returned an application yet, doesn't mean yours won't be the first.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
well, from what I read, they say don't use staple or metal paper clip for security reason, cause each envelop or package or whatever will be scanned and then the metal will make toooooooooooooott..:)) in their ears.
I guess you can use plastic clip, or divide your application using paper divider, witch what our lawyer did, maybe this is why they say don't send video , or tape or electronic greeting card..

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
NOOOO they take it out anyway and have their own organisation system that gets sent to the local visa office. Just follow their rules. I HAVE seen people have staples listed as one of the reasons their application had been returned. Do you want to take the chance to get a picky IO and have it all returned? I just don't get the big deal. Use the snapping kind that fold over and it holds it securely for large stacks and use the thin ones for the smaller stacks.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
thanks, it's not that it's a big deal but if you are sending them tons of emails and you want to ensure that those two page or three page emails stay together. So I have 20 different email...I'm going to put 20 paperclips...

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
I agree with Bonchuk. There's no need to put 20 paperclips, but if that's what you feel is best, than go with your gut. When I sent our application in, I just numbered (and highlighted) each e-mail and put them all together with a giant paperclip.

Everything was fine! Alot of people seem to be concerned with how they should be sending everything in. I think as long as you avoid staples, omit sending what they specifically ask not to, and clearly label everything so that they can easily locate what they need, you'll be fine!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
believe me robertbola , I can guaranty you that after 1 month of reading this forum and doing your own research, you will care less for what you did to organize your document, either staple, or paper clip, or even hiring people to hold 2 page of an email together..:)