+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stamps translate

Elka

May 11, 2017
Hi guys.I have a question.Do I have to do all stamps translation or only that I have within 4 years.
Thanks for any advice

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.I have a question.Do I have to do all stamps translation or only that I have within 4 years.
Thanks for any advice
Technically just the ones in the relevant period but honestly I would translate all. If the officer can't read the untranslated stamps then he/She can't verify if they fall within the relevant time or not thus you might have to get them translated anyway......

Elka

May 11, 2017
Technically just the ones in the relevant period but honestly I would translate all. If the officer can't read the untranslated stamps then he/She can't verify if they fall within the relevant time or not thus you might have to get them translated anyway......
Thank you

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
@Rigly68 , couple more questions, in case if you know:

1. Is translation required for visa stamps that have entry and exit dates in English, and also have the country/city names in English, but also have some foreign language words/text as part of the stamp?

2. My passport has notes in my native language that are not visa stamps, but rather observations such as my blood type, the address I was registered in the country I was born, and so on. Do these notes need to be be translated as well?

Thanks in advance.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
There is no stamp translation required! They ask to translate stamp which shows passport renewal. "Note: If the validity period of your passport was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s)." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4 You should read instruction guide carefully. It has a lot of useful information.
Passport renewal stamps and their corresponding translations should be sent with the application.

Passport stamps (obtained at airports, ports, etc) outside Canada, should be translated and taken with the passport(s) to the interview, if you have one. Translation is only needed for stamps that are not in English or French.

Stamps that are self-explanatory, like those used in the European union countries, do not need to be translated.