+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stamped with offical seal?

Feb 11, 2008
about the work experience,
1) CIC requires notarized employment contracts. does it mean that I have to give them the original offer? the offer is from government (BC Ministry), can I give them the photocopy?

2) CIC also requires the reference letter to be stamped with the company's offical seal. I asked people in the Ministry and they said they don' t have the stamp. How should I deal with it?

Have a nice weekend!!!!

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hi,

1) They don't need original offer letter.It shd be notarized copies of the original.

2) Try to get original reference letters with business cards of the person writing those letters.There are cases where ppl are not even able to get reference letters from previous companies cos the companies exist no more.Just send the docs with business cards so that they can contact the office and talk to the person who wrote the reference letter.

Regards,

AP

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks, AP!!

what is the notarized photocopy? how can I get the photocopy notarized? if the work experience is with canadian government, do i also need to have it notarized?

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
to notorise documents is to go with original documents to a solicitor or any law firm who will look at the originals, photocopy them and sign them(notorise) you willl need to pay for the service.

This happens in case where you send a birth certificate, passports in duplicate form instead of originals. For the case of the company, get a letter or a reference letter from your previous company with current dates as you said you already got some from the ministry - though they can not stamp it because of lack of an official stamp, try and support it with the documents that you kept from that ministry i.e. offer letter, contract or payslips given to you at that time or anything that could support you were actually there.

Then try to write a covering letter explaining what you are enclosing in that letter.