+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stage 1 approval letter

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi everyone!
I was wondering how long does stage 1 approval letter take to receive after submit pr application.
The letter says that you are eligible for pr but you may still asked for medical, police certificates, etc.
Thank you.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Do you mean approval in principle?
Sorry I missed your answer and I just saw it.
There is stage 1 approval says that you are eligible for pr but this is not decision. We still may ask you police certificate, medical exam, etc. That kind of letter after pr application.

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
My refugee case approved January, 2023. I am convention refugee. We applied pr 30th May, 2023.
Hi ,
I wanted to ask you a quick question. Did you work with a lawyer if so may I ask once you receive your NOD did you apply for PR with that same lawyer and where there any fees you had to pay ?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi ,
I wanted to ask you a quick question. Did you work with a lawyer if so may I ask once you receive your NOD did you apply for PR with that same lawyer and where there any fees you had to pay ?
Yes, I had lawyer for my refugee claim. For pr, I applied with an organization. I had no lawyer for pr application. I did not pay anything to the organization. But for pr fee 570 Cad per person.

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
Yes, I had lawyer for my refugee claim. For pr, I applied with an organization. I had no lawyer for pr application. I did not pay anything to the organization. But for pr fee 570 Cad per person.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I received my NOD and was wondering if it’s best to apply thru my lawyer who assisted with my claim . So when you applied for PR it’s not covered under legal aid ? Correct me if I’m wrong please . Thanks again

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I received my NOD and was wondering if it’s best to apply thru my lawyer who assisted with my claim . So when you applied for PR it’s not covered under legal aid ? Correct me if I’m wrong please . Thanks again
You don't have to work with lawyer for pr. Mine ask too much money. I mean I don't have that much for lawyer. No for pr no legal aid.

Reactions: Newstart2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no need to have a lawyer for apply for PR. Given the limited funds available to legal aid and the fact that you are just filling out paperwork not actually fighting to remain in Canada many will not cover filing for PR. As previously noted some charities that work with refugees help people fill out the PR applications especially if there is a language barrier. Would suggest looking at the application process online. I think you may be surprised that it is not as complex as you may be expecting. You may be able to apply yourself or find an organization that either helps you fill out the application or reviews your application before submitting it. Save your money and don’t hire a lawyer to fill out the forms for you. Most visas and permits are possible to complete yourself without the use of a consultant or lawyer. Many pay to apply for things like TRVs when they could have easily applied themselves.

Reactions: Taweda