+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St. Clair Office - Transfer RQ Recipients Waiting for Oath

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, they are moving target. I might re-apply once the new rules come into affect. Almost approaching 6 years of residency in Canada this year.

mathlete said:
Obviously I feel your pain. I just read post about someone who applied February 2015 and is already getting their oath in April. My original plan was to withdraw my application when the new rules come into effect and apply with my tax returns. I'll give you my impressions based on ATIP reports and my own experience:

I believe everyone is in their own "queues" based on the assessment/office/date of application and other arbitrary criteria, as you advance through the process you are re-assessed and put into a different queue. The amount of time spent waiting has no bearing on how long the "next step" takes.

Step 1: They look at your Application and decide whether to RQ you or not
Step 2: They look at you RQ and decide whether to set you up for a test or not
Step 3: They look at your test/interview/RQ and decide whether to schedule you for an oath or not

If you have not yet written your test, personally I would 100% withdraw when Bill C25 comes into effect and reapply. After your test you could be asked to submit a CIT response, another RQ, see a judge or best case scenario (like mine) wait another 9 months for an oath date. May as well withdraw and reapply knowing you will get an answer in 12 months.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi..

I think your case is almost to the logistic end, officer will review the file and than

next step for you is Oath.... My file is also under officer review since November 2014..

have constant contact with cic and just to them the answer is same but my case is

over 38 months so they have send the message and let see what out come will

update any progress see in my file..

keep in touch..

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI HighFive,

If you don't mind, please share your ATIP results. Any signs whether your RQ file has been reviewed?

HighFive said:
Our file is in St Clair since Feb 9th. Ordered ATIP to see where it is sitting in St Clair. Will share ATIP's results first week of April.
Good luck to all of us!!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ironmat500 said:
HI HighFive,

If you don't mind, please share your ATIP results. Any signs whether your RQ file has been reviewed?
Hey ironmat500, all I can see from the ATIP report is that it is in St Clair and assigned to an officer.
Also now I suspect why they gave us RQ - we had a vacation trip to Malaysia and instead of Feb 8th return date to Canada it says Feb 11th, I can prove that we came back to Toronto on 8th though with tickets and Malaysian stamps in passports.

Anyway, it is what it is. Will order another ATIP in June-July just to check if our file is moving or not.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
Hey ironmat500, all I can see from the ATIP report is that it is in St Clair and assigned to an officer.
Also now I suspect why they gave us RQ - we had a vacation trip to Malaysia and instead of Feb 8th return date to Canada it says Feb 11th, I can prove that we came back to Toronto on 8th though with tickets and Malaysian stamps in passports.

Anyway, it is what it is. Will order another ATIP in June-July just to check if our file is moving or not.
I'm begging to believe that this whole "assigned to officer" thing is meaningless. Pretty much all RQ applicants who asked for latest ATIP has this line in their GCMS notes. People's cases with a whole year difference have "assigned to officer" around the same time frame (first quarter of 2015). It greatly resembles the "notice to prepare for test" sent back in end of 2013. As you know some of the applicants who received this letter are waiting till this very day.

While it could mean positive movement for some applicants I believe its more about the optics. CIC is aware that applicants are requesting their GCMS notes and wants to show some kind of progress. I suggest to keep an optimistic spirit but at the same time not build the hopes too high as there could be still long road ahead .

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mevisbleek said:
Quick question guys. What causes CIC to issue RQ to an applicant?
We are highly honored individuals with exceptional capabilities get RQed. CIC likes to test our ability to collect documents and send it to them.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. have noted that your file hand over to the officer next day of st.claire receive
show some significant improvement . my file stay with the st.claire office for
18-20 months than handover to the officer.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi.. have noted that your file hand over to the officer next day of st.claire receive
show some significant improvement . my file stay with the st.claire office for
18-20 months than handover to the officer.
Hand over to officer note does probably not mean much. You have been waiting for 6 months after the note appeared in your file and you still did not get the oath.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my friends,

This is my story here;
Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Oath Ceremony: ??????

I am going to apply mandamus on may 10, 2015. Right now, I am looking for good lawyer and please if someone good lawyer,let me know because, i am fed up vith CIC waiting game.