+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SRS engineering Occupation Stream- Job laid off

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have my application in process for SRS engineering occupation stream with AINP i have been laid off without any notice due to current market trends.
1.Will my application be affected?i guess with SRS engineering occupation stream one dont have to have a job if he has worked within last two years in Alberta in NOC specified by AINP(In my case i have been working for a year and then laid off)
2. Do i need to tell AINP about my Job termination.
3. For the time being if i start a survival job or any job not related to the NOC category i applied in AINP will it affect my application.

Please Share your thoughts.

Thanks

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mario_AB said:
i have my application in process for SRS engineering occupation stream with AINP i have been laid off without any notice due to current market trends.
1.Will my application be affected?i guess with SRS engineering occupation stream one dont have to have a job if he has worked within last two years in Alberta in NOC specified by AINP(In my case i have been working for a year and then laid off)
2. Do i need to tell AINP about my Job termination.
3. For the time being if i start a survival job or any job not related to the NOC category i applied in AINP will it affect my application.

Please Share your thoughts.

Thanks
Can some one please comment on this

Xero

Feb 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So two things here:

1. normally you should update to AINP about your case
2. one of my friend had the same issue and he got nomination after laid off, but he didnt applied for PR because he was laid off. after 6 months he fax the AIP about that and the AINP told them they dont have concern abotu his job. once the nomination is awarded it is awarded. My friend also called the AINP and the callc entre persont old him to update the file and do not apply for PR becasue he dont have job now. So whenever you want to communicate always fax them, dont ever call them because the persons sitting in call centre dont have proper understanding of the issue as they are mostly outsourced(According to my friend)

Xero

Feb 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The criteria for the Engineering Occupations Category (includes but are not limited to:

You must be currently residing in Alberta.
You must intend to and be able to live permanently in Alberta.
You must provide evidence of related education/training and experience as an engineer, designer or drafter.
You must be currently working or have worked within the last two years in Alberta either directly or on contract for an Alberta Employer.

What I prefer is not to update .. leave it as it is :)

Xero

Feb 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you update the AINP the chances are they will declined your application right away but if you dont update then there are chances that they will not verify the employer and there is possibility you will get nomination.. but at last it will be your call :)