+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputum Smear & Culture

Flashydie

May 21, 2024
Hello, me and wife are trying for canada this sep intake. We did our upfront medical and she got called again for 2nd X-ray and got told to do sputum smear and cultures on the 3rd day. She gave the sputum sample and we are waiting for the submission sheet.

Am worried that its gonna take atleast 56 days and were gonna have to differ. Today is 21st may. And i doubt we can lodge visa or not and if we do will all of our documents will be on hold until we give the sputum result or the application gonna get processed apart from the medical report? Help please

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello, me and wife are trying for canada this sep intake. We did our upfront medical and she got called again for 2nd X-ray and got told to do sputum smear and cultures on the 3rd day. She gave the sputum sample and we are waiting for the submission sheet.

Am worried that its gonna take atleast 56 days and were gonna have to differ. Today is 21st may. And i doubt we can lodge visa or not and if we do will all of our documents will be on hold until we give the sputum result or the application gonna get processed apart from the medical report? Help please
The sputum culture takes takes approx 8 weeks or so and xray is repeated after 3 months. Medical is an important part of immigration. One needs to clear medical to get through it so had to wait 3 months for xray.

Reactions: Flashydie

Flashydie

May 21, 2024
The sputum culture takes takes approx 8 weeks or so and xray is repeated after 3 months. Medical is an important part of immigration. One needs to clear medical to get through it so had to wait 3 months for xray.
So we are about to lodge visa right now. Sputum smear came out negative, they did geneXpert test and it came out negative but the culture goes on.
My worry is will the application be on hold until the final 90 days xray comes out negative or the application process goes on just the medical will get on hold?
Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So we are about to lodge visa right now. Sputum smear came out negative, they did geneXpert test and it came out negative but the culture goes on.
My worry is will the application be on hold until the final 90 days xray comes out negative or the application process goes on just the medical will get on hold?
Thank you.
Yes until this 90 days period your medical will be on hold but you can apply as medical and other processes works simultaneously.