+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPP vs NON-SPP colleges/universities influence on PR approval

PraveenKumar

Sep 23, 2013
Hieeee Guyz. This is Praveen Kumar from India studying in an SPP college in Ontario. I want to change my stream and also my college to Manitoba as my cousin lives there. The Program I want to get into is in the May intake and not January(in an SPP college in Manitoba). So, will there be any problem in getting a PR later after my studies if I wait up till the program starts?

There is a Non-SPP college which has the same program starting in the January intake. I dont have any known reason to say NO to that college except what I heard about the "No Work Permit for the students from NON-SPP Colleges". Is it true? or Am I free to study in any college and get a Work Permit and then apply for a PR?

My Details:

Visa issued: August 2014
Visa Expiry: November 2017
Visa Category: General(not SPP)

Hope I get valuable Info and great suggestions.
Thanks in advance ♥

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SPP vs. non-SPP has no bearing on whether you get PR.

Whether you are entitled to a work permit or not after completing your studies depends on whether you attend a designated learning institution or not - as well as the length of your program.

If you have further questions related to study in Canada as a foreign student I would recommend you post them to the International Students section of the forum.