+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOW Processing timelines delay

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
Hi,

I am an international student in Canada and my husband and son are here with me under visitor visas. We have applied for SOPW for my husband and a visitor record for my child on May 25, 2019. We still haven't received a response. I emailed Inmigration using the Webform and on Aug 07, 2019 they replied that the applications are still in process and they were reviewing applications done before Apr 27, 2019.

Anyone in the same situation?

Thank you.

Reactions: Bachelor101

ckond1@1

Sep 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Did you get something?
I am also an international student and applied recently for SOWP.

SOWP. August 2019
My timeline is:

Applied August 21st
Biometrics asked- August 22nd
Biometrics received- August 26th

Till now, no updates. It just says they are checking my background.

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I am an international student in Canada and my husband and son are here with me under visitor visas. We have applied for SOPW for my husband and a visitor record for my child on May 25, 2019. We still haven't received a response. I emailed Inmigration using the Webform and on Aug 07, 2019 they replied that the applications are still in process and they were reviewing applications done before Apr 27, 2019.

Thank you.
Hi, I am also in similar situation. Applied on 22nd June still no revert.

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,

Thank you.
I’m currently waiting also applied August 5,2019 and still waiting, they haven’t even start reviewing my eligibility, has anyone eligibility start reviewing?

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

Thank you.
Did you get any revert or any status update. I am also waiting from last 2.5 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ap

Plied got my son's visitor visa also along with SOWP. No revert for visitor visa yet which takes less processing time as compared to work permit.
Not quite sure what you are asking but most get denied for TRV since they are not going to be temporary visitors.

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
No updates yet. According to the website, they haven't started reviewing eligibility. Biometrics is not required as they have visitor visa and biometrics were taken last year.

It has been 3.5 months but I think at this point, we only need to wait their response.

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Not quite sure what you are asking but most get denied for TRV since they are not going to be temporary visitors.
I meant I have also applied for Visitor Visa of my son and SOWP for Spouce. It's been 2.5 mo
No updates yet. According to the website, they haven't started reviewing eligibility. Biometrics is not required as they have visitor visa and biometrics were taken last year.

It has been 3.5 months but I think at this point, we only need to wait their response.
3.5 months is a lot of time as visitor visa processing time is just 12 working days. I am also worried for my son's visitor visa .
Can you say if your eligibility is being reviewed or it’s still say in process?
Can you say if your eligibility is being reviewed or it’s still say in process?
Being reviewed from 4th Aug.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I meant I have also applied for Visitor Visa of my son and SOWP for Spouce. It's been 2.5 mo

3.5 months is a lot of time as visitor visa processing time is just 12 working days. I am also worried for my son's visitor visa .

Being reviewed from 4th Aug.
It is because they are processing it together with your spouse.

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018

Yeah but send another webform because it’s way past the 8 weeks processing time and the eligibility hasn’t even started, I guess we are all in the same boat very frustrating this extensive waiting

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018
Hi,

Thank you.
So I called IRCC today and was informed that they are working on application received on May 22,2019 so your next inline to receive a decision just keep us posted, have they started reviewing your eligibility ??